Job Description Summary
Calling all Maintenance professionals for this is a great opportunity within our Building Systems team. If you want to become part of the largest biotech company in Canada, keep reading!
This role requires at least 3 years of hands-on experience with steam, compressed air, hydronic, water systems, chillers, HVAC, electrical distribution and process piping systems, to work in supporting the repair and maintenance of our building infrastructure and systems. A 4th class Technical Safety BC Certification is a must have for this role. If this is something that sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute the maintenance program activities, including inspecting and monitoring the facility according to the maintenance program specifications and record all work performed on controlled documentation.
- Perform building-related operations
include clean room operation and maintenance of water systems, compressed gas systems, compressors, boilers, fume hoods, exhaust fans, chillers, pumps, HVAC and humidifier.
- Coordinate and/or execute scheduled maintenance work with user groups and contractors, including working during non-business hours when required to minimize operation downtime.
- Ensure that building-related operations and maintenance are conducted in accordance with STEMCELL's Quality Management System (QMS), including ISO13485 and good manufacturing practices (GMP), and document
deficiencies and conformances and complete reports as required.
- Assist in operational activities and cross-functional projects and/or programs as required.
- Minimum 4th Class PowerEngineering (BC) Certificate.
- Open to rotational shift work.
- Engineering Certificate with 2+ years of experience.
- Post Secondary Certificate or Diploma in a Mechanical or Electrical field is an asset.
- Experience in a Biotech or GMP facility preferred.
- Customer focused mindset with excellent communication skills.
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL's vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative, and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and meaningful career development opportunities.
STEMCELL is well recognized for exceptional leadership and business practices. We are one of Canada's Best Managed Companies and operate an ISO 14001-certified environmental management system to measure and reduce our environmental impact.
As an equal opportunity employer, STEMCELL is dedicated to ensuring that every employee feels safe, valued, and respected for who they are. We know that scientific progress and innovation occur when diverse, creative minds come together and we are committed to nurturing a culture of inclusivity and belonging. STEMCELL enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any form of discrimination. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
NOTE: STEMCELL's vaccination policy requires that all candidates for this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including with boosters) against COVID-19, as currently recommended or required by local health authorities and public health orders.
To apply, please select the "Apply" button below. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account, which is required to apply.
Operations and Logistics