Job Description Summary
The Building Systems Assistant, Labs of the Facilities Operations team is primarily responsible for supporting and contributing to the organization and operational efficiency of core lab and building services at STEMCELL. Responsibilities include lab waste and material management, lab and equipment program support, and administration. This position reports to the Program Manager, Facilities.Job Description Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Facilities team in executing and maintaining the Facilities Operations' lab and equipment programs.
- Assist with daily lab waste management, including recycling, disposal and decontamination.
- Conduct regular and routine monitoring and maintenance of equipment; report any equipment problems or irregularities.
- Operate autoclaves to prepare sterile materials, reagents and equipment.
- Monitor and maintain daily inventory of supplies; ensure adequate restocking.
- Adhere to and contribute to promoting a high level of safety within the lab and building environments.
- Support the Facilities team with operational activities and cross-functional projects and/or programs as required.
- Cross-train in other areas of Facilities Operations support and services.
- Technical diploma is preferred.
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in facilities operations and/or lab support services.
- Experience working in a biological or manufacturing environment is an asset.
- First Aid / Safety knowledge is an asset.
- Top-notch organizational, prioritization and time management skills; keen attention to details.
- Thrives in a high paced environment juggling multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Customer-focused mindset with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Technically savvy with computers and equipment in general.
- Team orientated - 'one-team' behavior is a must.
- This position requires standing for extended periods of time, repetitive tasks and/or lifting heavy objects on a regular basis (up to 40 lbs).
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as "Scientists Helping Scientists" - standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number. Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!
Biotechnology Maintenance and Technicians