VICTORIA RELOCATION PROVIDED
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Engineer to join our Building Sciences group, located at our Victoria (3600 Uptown Blvd) office. Reporting to the Building Science Director, this is an opportunity for an established Senior Engineer, looking to drive project delivery for one of Canada's leading multi-discipline Engineering firms.
The role also involves Building Envelope consulting services in both the existing building and new construction markets, and Structural Deterioration and Repair specialty consulting services for existing buildings of all types.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct, supervise and coordinate the activities of engineers, technicians, and drafters.
- Make project decisions that align with the company's guiding principles.
- Deliver projects to achieve target budgets and timelines.
- Assist the management team as needed.
- Support business development efforts by interacting with clients through projects as well as market developing activities.
- Carry out, in collaboration with the other members of the team, client proposals, investigation reports and construction documents related to various building components (envelope, roof, structures, fenestration, etc.).
- Drafting of reports, design of plans, specifications and details.
- Design new building envelope assemblies as well as restoration repairs for building components (plans, specifications and details) based on guidelines within the framework of projects for the institutional, industrial, residential and commercial sectors. Ensure designs correspond to guidelines, code requirements and other regulations.
- Generate budget estimates for projects.
- Provide oversight in the production of tender documents, specifications and other technical documents.
- Manage the contract administration and quality of restoration projects at the construction stage.
- Provide technical support to project team members and carry out all other related tasks that may help in carrying out projects.
- Make contributions to company knowledge management and practice systems.
- Contribute to the firm's reputation in the market and maintain client base.
- Degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering - Preference for those candidates with completed courses in Building Science or Diploma from a 2-year Technical College specializing in Building Sciences;
- Registered (or eligible for registration) as a P. Eng with EGBC or an AScT Designation;
- 10+ years of relevant experience as a consultant in Building Science (institutional, residential, industrial and commercial sectors);
- Experience in delivering Building Science projects for an established Consulting firm in Canada;
- In-depth knowledge of building materials and construction processes for repairing building envelopes, cladding systems, roofs, and parking structures;
- Sense of initiative, attention to detail;
- Experience in managing client relationships;
- Ability to work in a team and manage teams (team spirit);
- Excellent communication both orally and in writing.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.