August 6, 2021
Due to the growth within the RACE21™, a new role has opened up for a Budgeting & Forecasting Analyst (known at Teck as a Budget Analyst). This position offers an exciting career opportunity to be the "right-hand" to the Lead of Budgeting & Forecasting, play a key role as a trusted finance business partner across the RACE21™ team, and support the vision of enabling informed decision-making to the business.
We are looking for a strong collaborative team player with the ability to work efficiently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with tight timelines. As part of a high performing team, this role requires someone with a solution-based mindset, an ability to think critically, anticipate challenges and deliver exceptional quality. To support our growing business needs, our new team member will also have the opportunity to identify and implement process changes. If you enjoy working with multiple stakeholders, taking on new challenges in a changing environment and moving beyond the numbers to understand the business, then this could be the role for you! Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Provide support in the development of RACE21™ annual and periodic budget cycles and 5-year capital planning
- Work closely with various RACE21™ teams to compile and update monthly forecasts, ensuring completeness and accuracy
- Partner with RACE21™ teams to understand the drivers of variances and to the impacts (i.e. analysis, investigations, and explanations)
- Support the development of monthly Consolidated Management Reports for Senior Leadership teams
- Prepare ad hoc analysis for Senior Management as needed
- Work collaboratively with Sites and Vancouver Head Office to support budgeting and forecasting workflows and process changes
- Support the development and implementation of automated forecasting and budgeting reports tailored to evolving business needs
- Bachelor's Degree in Commerce or Business Administration, or Finance and Accounting
- Minimum of three years' experience in budgeting, forecasting and financial tracking in a large organization with multiple locations, ideally within digital/technology environments
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills (Pivot tables/charts, v-lookup, h-lookup)
- Experience with Power BI is an asset
- Exposure to D365 and HFM is an asset
- Understanding of CAPEX and OPEX budgeting and forecasting principles
- Familiarity with software product development and agile principles
- Familiarity with capital projects and project management principles
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral developmentwith major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources. Job Segment:
Product Development, Coal Mining, Project Manager, Research, Mining, Technology
Software and Programming Information Technology