Who - the Company:
My client is a young and dynamic medical device company engaged in ground-breaking research for a number of medical device products. They have a small but growing team of professionals that bring expertise in engineering, science and medical device development and are growing rapidly.
What - the Role: Biophysicist
This role works closely with mechanical, electrical and software engineers and will be key to the development of a new product focused on the treatment of emphysema.
- Developing invasive and non-invasive thermometry methods and collaborating with hardware and software engineers to implement control systems ensuring device safety and efficacy
- Guiding device design through literature reviews as well as bench and in-vivo testing
- Providing input into risk management as well as verification and validation activities
- Collaborating with medical experts to define the treatment regime
- Developing pre-clinical and clinical protocols and supporting the associated studies
- Supporting test method development
Who - the Candidate:
- BA or MA in Biomedical Engineering, Physics, Engineering Physics or Biophysics.
- At least 5 years experience in medical device development. Ideally you will have full cycle product development experience from conception through to commercialisation
- A strong grounding in electro magnetic radiation and its application within biological tissue will be necessary in this role.
Where: Vancouver, BC
How Much: $ 100K + bens
When & How to Apply:
This search is moving extremely quickly! If you already have a Recruiter at Swim, please reach out very soon. If you do not yet have a contact at Swim Recruiting, please hit 'APPLY NOW' and send us your resume.
Posted: November 14, 2018
Closes: January 13, 2019