One of the world's fastest-growing retailers, JYSK was first established in Denmark in 1979. The company now brings Quality for Less to customers in 50 countries at over 2,600 stores and online in Canada at jysk.ca . With a passion for Scandinavian design, our products range from furniture to accessories, including mattresses, bedding, home decor, and outdoor patio products that will enhance any living space at an affordable price.
JYSK is seeking a talented Bilingual (French/English) Technical Support Specialist,
to join our IT Operations Team in Coquitlam, BC on a full-time, permanent basis.
Under the supervision of the IT Operations Manager, the Technical Support Specialist team member is responsible for handling first line helpdesk tickets for email and phone.
The IT Help Desk team member will log tickets when phone calls come into the helpdesk and also escalate based on ticketing processes.
As a member of the IT Operations Team, the Help Desk Team member will work to create, improve and organize documentation for Help Desk. The Right Candidate:
- Completion of High School or equivalent
- Fluent in French/English (verbal and written)
- Able to travel (10-30%), potentially out of province.
- Previous experience in a helpdesk environment, or equivalent education
- Strong analytical, verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to perform tactically while planning strategically.
- Ability to re-engineer processes, form policies, and develop and implement new strategies.
- Create a positive repertoire with colleagues at office and store level
- Self-starter; able to work independently and without supervision or direction.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work with a national resource network, across multiple time zones.
- Basic knowledge of basic Internet and Networking Concepts.
- Exposure to Process Modeling Concepts/Tools (UML, Visio, or Kanban).
What We Offer
- Fist line support for stores and Distribution Centres
- Troubleshoot Endpoint POS Issues
- Troubleshoot ERP Issues
- First level support for computers, printers and store devices
- First level support for store networking issues
- First level support for VoIP issues
- Escalate tickets to appropriate team or technician
- Written and verbal communications with all level of store operations
- Co-ordinates system enhancements and changes across impacted stakeholders.
- Delivers training on application functionality to support colleagues in other departments.
- IT setup for store renovation
- IT Setup for new stores
- In-Store hardware maintenance and upgrades
- Work with the IT Operations team to create and update internal Knowledge Base
- Document known issues and new issues that need to be addressed by IT Operations team
- Document feedback from stores
- Document feedback from offices
- Competitive Pay
- Benefit Package
- Staff Discount
- Opportunities for Learning & Career Advancement
Please note: reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. More Great Information!
Best of luck with your search! Follow us online for MORE opportunities!
- Thanks for your interest in JYSK! Due to a high volume of applications, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- If you haven't done so already, please follow us on Twitter for the latest career opportunities at JYSK: https://twitter.com/JyskCANCareers
JYSK Canada is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This principle applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, transfer, promotion and all other conditions of employment. As a company, we have developed l programs and policies that address and recognize our objective to ensure that our work environment remains free of discrimination and harassment of any kind and promotes and recognizes the diverse backgrounds of our Colleagues. JYSK Canada will accommodate both internal and external applications throughout the hiring process.
All employment decisions at JYSK are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, family status, disability or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended. We consider all applications on the basis of individual qualification for the particular position and we do so without regard to any unrelated factor and/or characteristic.
JYSK Canada is committed to the value of equal employment opportunity for all Colleagues and the innovation that diversity creates in the work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.
Posted: November 11, 2018
Closes: January 10, 2019