AbeBooks is an online marketplace for books, art, and collectibles that spans the world from Amarillo to Zurich. We provide a marketplace for hundreds of millions of items that include everything from exquisite manuscripts and 18th century maps to postcards from Mohandas Gandhi and signed first editions of "A Farewell to Arms."
About the Role
1 Year Contract.
As a Bilingual Customer Success Agent, you will be the primary interface between AbeBooks and our buyers and sellers, assisting them in English and French. You will be responsible for providing timely and accurate operational assistance. You will communicate with customers by mail, and phone while utilizing a variety of tools to navigate accounts, research, and review policies and communicate effective solutions, in a fast-paced environment. You will handle reactive inbound contacts, and also conduct outbound campaigns that are aimed to educate sellers and improve their success on AbeBooks. A Customer Success Agent is expected to address customer pain points, provide process improvements, and develop internal documentation, all while adhering to service level agreements for contact channels. Depending on the contact volume, you may also be expected to assist AbeBooks buyers.
Beyond directly assisting sellers and buyers, you will be expected to learn more about the AbeBooks business by growing your impact by specializing in one of the following areas:
- Content writing
- Training, coaching, quality management
- Advanced technical assistance
- Online fraud prevention
You have native level English and French language skills. You enjoy working with customers. You are an enthusiastic teammate with strong technical aptitude and excellent written and verbal communication skills. You demonstrate a high level of productivity and quality in evaluating, prioritizing, and resolving a high number of incoming customer requests via e-mail and telephone. You are obsessed with the customer and aren't afraid to question the current process when you believe there's a way to improve the customer experience. You continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and performance. You are a proven self-starter who thrives in a fast paced environment while finding new ways during slower periods.
• Native level fluency in English and French
• 2+ years of customer service role
• Minimum typing speed of 65 WPM
• Exceptional communication skills, oral and written ability to clearly and concisely communicate in various situations, with both internal and external customers
• Process improvement awareness and experience
• Strong prioritization and time management skills, with a high degree of flexibility
• High school diploma, GED or higher
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience working in an e-commerce environment
• Experience training, coaching or mentoring
• Fluency in Spanish, Italian or German
• Some knowledge of SQL or database tools (Tableau, Redshift, Oracle, etc)
• Demonstrated desire to expand skills into new areas