Are you interested in applying your background in data engineering to massive real world data and impact the lives of millions of Amazon users? Do you like to own end-to-end business problems and directly impact the profitability of the company? Do you like to innovate and simplify? If yes, then you may be a great fit to join the Promotion Analytics and Optimization Service team at Amazon.
Our vision is simple - we want to run the best promotions in the industry. Through technology, we seek to constantly increase the quality of promotions - by identifying the best set of products to promote from the millions we carry; best promotion type that meets our business objectives and learning from the performance of our past promotions.
Key job responsibilities
As a member of our team, you should have deep expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of large datasets, across a variety of data platforms. You should have excellent business and interpersonal skills to be able to work with customer teams to understand data requirements, and to build ETL to ingest and export data at scale. You should be an authority at crafting, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low cost solutions to create necessary data flows. Above all you should be passionate about working with huge data sets and someone who loves to bring datasets together to answer business questions and drive growth.
About the team
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and skills including Software Engineering, Big Data Engineering and Applied Science. We are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentor-ship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an analytical area such as Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or similar.
- 3+ years' experience developing large scale of database solutions covering data modeling, ingestion and visualization.
- Proficiency in one of the programming languages - Java, python, or similar
- Expert in writing and optimizing SQL
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hive and Spark
- Experience with AWS Redshift
- Experience in operating very large data warehouses or data lakes
- Experience in ETL optimization, low latency data processing, and tuning big data processes using Apache Spark or similar technologies
- Efficiency in handling data - tracking data lineage, ensuring data quality, and improving discoverability of data
- Exposure to Machine Learning technology
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum environment
- Knowledge of Engineering and Operational Excellence using standard methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.