NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a Big Data Engineer to join our team in Vancouver, British Columbia (CA-BC), Canada (CA). Big Data Engineer Job Duties:
• Understanding multiple data sources like XMLs', Relational, CSV, Txt, and Excel to feed into Data Lake.
• Work with technical and business stakeholders to understand the data sources, ingestion, movement, structures, and processes in existing data warehouses to be able to generate requirements and designs.
• Extracting data from Data Lake and feeding into Data warehouse and vice versa.
• Extraction of data incrementally and full load as per requirements.
• Follow configuration and change management process.
• Ability to solve problems with data
• Experience working with public cloud environment (AWS preferred)
• High attention to data accuracy
• Ability to work in an agile team
• Critical thinking to ask questions, determine the best course, and offer solutions
• Effective analytical and decision-making skills
• Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships and communicate effectively with managers, co-workers, and Business users
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, complex, and dynamic business environment
• Enjoy being challenged and solving complex problems on a daily basis Skills:
• 5 - 8 years experience in IT industry.
• 5+ yrs of experience on Hadoop technologies like Hbase, MapReduce, HDFS, Impala, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, SQL
• Experience deploying applications in AWS environment; ability to architect, design, deploy and manage cloud-based Hadoop clusters. Working knowledge of AWS Glue, EMR, Redshift
• 3+ yrs of experience on Spark using Java
• 3+ yrs of experience on Java 8+
• Experience in Healthcare (preferred) Education:
Bachelor/Master of Computer Application or equivalent engineering/IT degree from an accredited University.
#LI-NAM About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100. NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, age, veteran-status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other class protected by law. To learn more, please visit
https://us.nttdata.com/en/about-us/content/diversity-and-inclusion . Furthermore, NTT DATA Services will make accommodations for eligible applicants on a case-by-case basis. Please emailEEOOfficer@nttdata.com
f or assistance. Job Segment:
Database, Consulting, Developer, Cloud, Java, Technology
Customer Service and Support Information Technology