Posting End Date: Number of Opening:
At Finning Digital, we're connecting customers, equipment, operators and data to create new value, both for Finning and for our customers, and revolutionizing an industry. This is your opportunity to make a unique and measurable
impact on a transforming business.
We are grounded in the strength and legacy of Finning, and incubating a new and entrepreneurial business. You will be part of the start-up leadership team shaping the opportunity and executing together. If you crave the excitement of breaking new ground and growing a business, while appreciating the strength of a solid foundation and brand, you'll fit right in.
Finning is the world's largest Cat® dealer, delivering unrivalled service to customers in mining, construction, power systems and forestry for over 80 years. We're proud of our legacy of providing the products and services that fuel our customers' businesses and drive our business economies.
We're also innovators, and in Finning Digital we see a powerful opportunity. The business case is clear. Digital technologies, data and analytics can be harnessed to bring new solutions to the heavy equipment business a sector where we see the perfect combination of large investments in equipment with limited introduction and adoption of technologies that can drive significant additional ROI. Job Description: Working at Finning Digital.
At Finning Digital we are focused on Data Science and Data Engineering (working closely together).
We are looking to hire 2 Big Data Co-ops
who will be based out of our brand new Great Northern Way office
- If you're focused on Data Science you'll be working with full time Data Scientists focused on solving real world business challenges and optimizing our business performance across a wide range of areas
- You will be offering advanced analytical solutions for maintenance program optimization, inventory optimization, fuel optimization, scheduling optimization, amongst others to Finning customers
- In particular, you will be working on streaming analytics for condition monitoring, predictive maintenance, fleet management, and performance optimization
- You'll rely on your background and love for Statistics, Modelling, Machine Learning, and Optimization for rapid problem solving, developing and/or hacking POC solutions to test the validity of models and concepts, validation and verification of results, and working with Data Architects and Data Engineers to build end-to-end data processing pipelines
- R, Python, Spark
- Azure Data Lake, Azure ML, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure IoT Suite
- Tableau, Alteryx
Who You Are:
- Together we work in a collaborative and agile environment, where our team is building solutions for condition monitoring, predictive maintenance, fleet management, and performance optimization
- We work with large and rich data sets of up to millisecond readings on hundreds of sensors in 25,000 connected machines (with another 65,000 targeted)
- In addition we work with internal key business stakeholders on custom projects focused on supply chain and used equipment pricing among others
- You are currently enrolled in a university or diploma program and eligible for co-ops
- You have hands-on skills, passion for data, and a desire to learn
- You know machine learning and understand the core concepts behind supervised (regression, classification) and unsupervised learning
- You can code, ideally in R or Python
- You have had exposure to different problems and data, e.g. text, transactional, supervised / unsupervised, time series
- You are eager to solve difficult, real-world problems
- You are an exceptional communicator, collaborator, and influencer, and enjoy working with non-technical business stakeholders
- You are comfortable balancing multiple projects and priorities in a highly dynamic, rapidly growing and evolving environment
- If you are interested in our Data Engineering co-op position, you have a software engineering background and are familiar with the software development life cycle and quality assurance concepts
- When you apply please state your preference for Data Science or Data Engineering. Don't worry we'll evaluate you for both, but we'd like to know what you're most passionate about
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.