*This role can be located in Seattle (WA), Arlington (VA), or Vancouver (Canada).
Automated Profitability Management (APM) Finance seeks a Business Intelligence Engineer as part of a new project team building the future of vendor negotiations at Amazon.
Traditionally, this involved an Amazon Retail Vendor Manager contacting their vendor and periodically discussing the terms of our business relationship. These terms include: product cost, vendor funding for various programs or initiatives (e.g. volume-based incentives, promotions, merchandising opportunities, etc.), and inbound logistics and supply chain optimization, to name a few. Each aspect of these terms has a direct impact on Amazon's growth and profitability and implications for securing long-term sustainable selection for our customers. Now imagine doing this globally, across tens of thousands of vendors, for millions of products, all with double-digit annual growth. Our ability to scale without the use of automated solutions is severely limited. APM offers automated and scalable solutions to optimize the terms of our relationship with vendors and reach a wider vendor audience for negotiations.
How do we do this? Data - lots of data. In APM, we are developing systems that will leverage technology to disrupt and fundamentally change the way e-commerce supplier terms are managed. We scour a vast array of DataWarehouse tables including offer-level evaluations, historical and projected sales and profitability, vendor benchmarking, and heuristics to optimize topline and bottomline for both Amazon and our vendors, contributing to Amazon's flywheel for the benefit of our customers. We are building the future of vendor negotiations through enhancements to the foundational application used by Amazon Vendor Managers worldwide, introducing high-impact, scalable solutions for term-level financial modeling, trade-off optimization, and insightful performance reporting. We are turning the art of Retail profitability management into a science!
As a Business Intelligence Engineer, you will work with our Finance team and partner with the business and tech teams to create automated and scalable analytical tools that will ultimately be critical in driving the growth and profitability of the business through vendor negotiations. This includes building the infrastructure for regular reporting on business performance, writing the logic for opportunity valuation, and deep diving the assumptions behind each term to test our initial hypotheses and assumptions. You will leverage data to provide key insights, enable new opportunities, and innovate on behalf of our business customers. Your responsibilities will include:
• Owning the core reporting infrastructure and ensuring accuracy, integrity, and reliability
• Generating actionable insights through the development of metrics, dashboards and deep dive analyses
• Serving as a technical, business-metrics specialist and insight provider in the organization
• Acting as a key interface between our business customers and technical divisions
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BS in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Finance, or other quantitative field
• 4+ years of relevant work experience in data science, business analytics, business intelligence (BI), or comparable experience in big data environments
• 3+ years of experience in data mining and dataset preparation using SQL
• 3+ years of experience in data visualization tools like Quicksight or Tableau
• Experience in designing and building data infrastructure and automated reporting toolsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Masters in Industrial Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Business, Finance, Operations Research or other quantitative field
• Proven experience in BI/DW as a change leader providing strategic research, recommendations, and implementation in both business and technical roles
• Familiarity with Amazon's cloud infrastructure including Redshift, EC2, etc.