Cayenta's Business Intelligence group requires an experienced Cognos Designer/Developer. This position is based in Vancouver, does not require travel, and for this reason preference is for a Vancouver based candidate.Details
We are seeking a Business Intelligence Developer is to design and develop Cognos reports as well as complex extensible framework models for customer solutions. This individual will use proven knowledge of the Cognos BI tools to develop and maintain existing and newly required reporting solutions. The developer is responsible for proactively identify opportunities to develop and upgrade reports based on findings, complete with recommended improvements to (or new requirements for) data analysis, business processes and/or operational procedures.
Key Responsibilities/Job Functions:
- Building reports to meet customer requirements as it relates to the ERP system.
- Building comprehensive Cognos Framework Models based on customer requirements (self-service BI)
- Business Intelligence and Data warehousing lifecycle experience and strong knowledge in understanding of the business processes.
- Expert knowledge and experience in BI Framework Model, Report Studio, Active Reports, Dynamic Cubes and Cognos Workspace advance
- Strong knowledge in BI security model and know how to apply it
- Strong developing skills in developing multi tabbed & multi report dashboards in Cognos BI
- Collaborating with clients and Team to resolve tickets within deadlines
- Maintenance and Enhancing of existing models, reports and cubes
- Supporting and Training clients and end-users.
- Managing the minor enhancements for the team and coordination of business user acceptance testing
Experience and Education Preferred:
- 3-5 years of development experience working with Cognos BI (including Cognos v11)
- 2+ years working with Cognos dimensional modeling or dynamic cubes
- Understanding of best practice systems implementation
- Structured and strong organization skills in a client facing service oriented organization
What we Offer:
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
- Compensation will consist of base salary, group performance incentive, and annual bonus
- RRSP matching program and employee stock options
- Health Insurance from day 1 (medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability, AD&D)
- 3 weeks' vacation
- Free parking and shuttle bus service from SkyTrain station
- and more!
If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (1)-613-226-5511 or at HarrisTalentAcquisition@harriscomputer.com
. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Software and Programming