Backup Administrator - L2
Job ID GROP179 Job Location CA-BC-Vancouver Job Type Permanent Full-Time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based archiving, supervision, eDiscovery, and analytics for the global financial sector. We deliver services to 23,000 customers in 90 countries, including 22 of the top 25 global banks. Our market-leading archiving service supports email, instant messaging, Bloomberg®, Thomson Reuters, social media, mobile messaging, and more - with mobile, Outlook, and web access.
Our Global Operations & Development Center is located in Vancouver, BC, Canada. In addition, we have offices in six other cities across the world, including major financial centers like New York, Chicago, and London.
Over the years, we have won several major awards, including:
- Company of the Year from the BC Tech Association (2016)
- Canada's 50 Best Small and Medium Employers (2014, 2015)
- Canada's Top Employers for Young People (2014)
- Canada's Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013, 2016)
- Canada's Best Managed Companies (2013 - present)
- Technology Fast 50 Leadership (2014, 2018)
We provide fantastic opportunities to individuals passionate about business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, we offer invaluable opportunities for doing business with some of the world's largest, most influential firms. Our company is also perfect for those who want to create cool technology using massively scalable, big-data architecture, with a strong focus on mobile.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com .
As an experienced backup administrator, you will provide knowledge and experience including on-going support, maintenance, and administration of a CommVault Backup Infrastructure.
The position requires taking a leadership role within the CommVault environment in support of initial configuration, implementation, deployment, and includes on-going support, maintenance and systems administration. It also includes systems recovery and data restoral to operational ready responsibilities. The applicant will need to be available to respond to after-hours incidents as needed.
The job requirements for this role are specific to a CommVault Backup Environment. Role Responsibilities:
- Installation, configuration, and management of data within a CommVault environment
- Ensuring all data is accessible and recoverable as needed
- Capacity management and reporting within the CommVault infrastructure
- Media management across the CommVault backup footprint
- Daily (routine) support, maintenance, and administration activities
- Resolve technical escalations in a timely and effective manner
- Appropriately update and administer all assigned service request tickets
- Enhancement or evolution recommendations for the backup infrastructure
- Create and maintain knowledge base, including Runbooks, method of procedures, or technical “how to” documentation
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in technology management
- 3+ years working with CommVault backup and recovery
- 3+ years of experience with enterprise backup systems
- 3+ years of Linux/Unix system administration
- Experience with enterprise robotic tape library support
- Experience supporting Fiber Channel SAN infrastructure
- Experience with Brocade Fiber Channel switches
- Experience with various forms of data storage
- Understanding of data center backup infrastructure(s) and network connectivity
- Self-motivated and passionate towards data protection, data recovery, and service restoration
- Strong problem-solving skills and enhanced attention to detail
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively with peers across teams, in support of a complex backup environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, communicate status, and provide resolution in a timely manner within a complex and fast paced environment
- Keen interest in emerging and evolving technologies and industry standards
- Highly skilled in verbal and written communication and comfortable interacting with people at all levels of customer organizations
- Knowledge of VMWare and a VMWare virtualized environment(s)
- Strong scripting ability
- Understanding of Unix/Linux file systems
- Automation experience
- ITIL Certification and an understanding of service delivery concepts
- ITSM tools
- Relevant industry certifications are also considered an asset
Think you're a great fit for this job? Apply today with your cover letter and resume in one PDF document
. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.