Canada Drives is changing Car Buying in Canada! Be at the forefront of the biggest disruption in car shopping in our lifetime. For the first time ever, Canadians have the power to buy their next vehicle completely online! Be an important part of the team that builds the technology that provides customers with a 100% online purchase experience--from start to finish--including delivery right to their door!
Canada Drives is a young, dynamic, and fast-growing company. We work with dealerships and finance partners across Canada to ensure that every customer, regardless of bad credit or no credit, has access to the auto financing they need. As a company, we are growing steadily and, we want you to join our growing team!
What You'll Be Doing:
As a Back-End Developer, you will be at the forefront of new and exciting projects which are designed to assist Canadians with their vehicle purchases and help make the end-to-end process as stress-free as possible. You will be working with the existing Back-End team to develop internal projects and applications on a regular basis. You will also have an opportunity to deliver outstanding code and also have an opportunity to deliver ground-breaking websites that will be used by the organization for years to come.
This position works closely with other departments to gather requirements and work through projects in addition to delivering projects within scope and within budget. The successful candidate will also be able to provide insight and bring a fresh perspective to the department/company.
NOTE - This is a remote, work-from-home position, and is open to all applicants from across Canada!
What You'll Be Doing:
• Developing in-house, and customer-facing applications
- Acting as a mentor to junior developers
- Backend work primarily with PHP/Python (we are open to new tools/languages)
- Work on 3rd party integrations, primarily with systems in the financial/auto industry
- Our tech stack is PHP/Laravel for the backend and Vue/Nuxt on the frontend
- Newer services are now built serverless (node/python runtimes) in AWS
- Ensuring cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility for inconsistencies
What You Should Already Have:
- 4+ years of professional experience with either PHP, Python
- 2+ years with modern JS framework (Vue, Angular, React, Nuxt)
- 4 + years experience with Linux
- 5+ years with a relational database such as MySQL, Postgres
- You know your way around git and have worked in GitFlow
- You have experience with using and building REST-style APIs, and GraphQL
- Experience with back end MVC frameworks (Laravel 5.2 to 6)
- Bonus: AWS knowledge, especially the serverless stack (SAM, Serverless)
- Bonus: NoSql experience in Dynamodb, MongoDB, Cassandra
- Bonus: E-commerce (Shopify) experience and payment gateway integrations
- Bonus: Responsive layouts are no problems for you with or without grid frameworks
- Bonus: Experience with CSS3 advanced features such as animations, transitions, flex-box, etc.
What's in it for you?
This is a truly exciting time to join Canada Drives and we are looking forward to doing great things together! We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package in addition to providing our employees with continuous training and development.
We currently have a team of highly motivated and talented IT professionals and the only thing we are missing is you. If you are ready to join an ambitious and growing company then please apply today and we look forward to hearing from you.