ZenHub is the leading team collaboration and project management suite built into GitHub and GitHub Enterprise. At ZenHub, every team member is charged with getting to know customers deeply, learning how to solve their toughest problems, and turning them into evangelists.
Our customers are smart cookies: some of the best teams at companies like Imgur, NASA, Microsoft, Docker, and Zenefits use ZenHub to stay in the zone. Ideal team members are technical enough to get their hands dirty and product-focused enough to help translate customer requests into product features.Your Mission:
Build the future of teamwork while creating scalable, maintainable backend services for our product.Together, we will...
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Architect new backend services to help ZenHub scale for the future.
- Solve challenging problems, such as caching and keeping up-to-date GitHub data.
- Contribute to the ideation, technical design, implementation, and testing of product features.
- Improve technical skills and share knowledge with the rest of the team.
- Adopt best practices in software development and refine our workflow.
- Identify ways our technical stack can improve, prioritize them with the team, and make them happen.
More about ZenHub:
- Has 3+ years experience building backend applications in a fast-paced environment.
- Has expertise in designing and scaling web APIs and other backend services.
- Has proficiency with Ruby, Node, Python, or other popular server-side programming languages.
- Has experience with Ruby on Rails, Express or other web frameworks.
- Has experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis and other types of data-stores, and why they should and should not be used for a given problem.
- Has experience with designing and optimizing data models that are easy to understand and fast to query and update.
- Consistently stays on top of new backend trends, methodologies and best practices.
- Communicates well; works well with others to improve the product every day. Can collaborate with the marketing, product, frontend, and design teams to move the product forward.
At ZenHub we recruit the best and foster an environment that enables our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
We offer compensation commensurate with the high level of talent we seek, extensive benefits, and flexible time off policy.