Pixel Union’s growing agency provides custom services to a diverse array of clients, working across many platforms, disciplines and approaches. We specialize in custom theme builds and system integrations for merchants on Shopify Plus and our engineers help us deliver world-class solutions.
As part of our engineering team, you’ll be responsible for delivering custom apps and system integrations on the Shopify Plus platform. You’ll also support re-platforming projects with the oversight of data migrations from other ecommerce platforms into Shopify.
Our team is made up of designers, front-end developers, engineers and project managers who love what they do, bring passion and energy to their work, and don’t settle for anything less than the best results. Working closely with the agency’s Head of Engineering, you’ll be the technical lead and anchor as we explore ever increasing complexity within our client work and grow our team.
What you'll do:
- You’ll support in the architecture, development and delivery of custom software solutions that meet business requirements for ecommerce merchants
- You’ll be the technical lead on projects that require back-end solutions and expertise
- You'll contribute solid, tested, and maintainable code to shared libraries
- You’ll create tools and processes to help in the day to day aspect of development in the agency
- You’ll support and oversee data migrations to Shopify Plus
- You’ll become a subject matter expert on Shopify Plus’ API
- You’ll be working on integration solutions across the following systems: POS, ERP, 3PL, WMS, Shipping, Carrier, CRM, Order & Inventory Management, Order Scheduling, Payment Gateway, Recurring Billing, Omni-Channel
- You’ll provide guidance to the agency’s engineering team, mentoring junior and intermediate team members, bringing new ideas to help them excel
To succeed in this role, you'll have most of the following:
- 3+ years of hands-on back-end experience in the development space, solving technical challenges and working on integrations
- Experience with REST, SOAP, and GraphQL API protocols
- Experience working in an agency environment (working on projects with deadlines)
- Experience with database technologies
- Knowledge of JS/CSS/HTML (front-end development)
- Familiarity with modern distributed cloud based service development
- You have great communication skills especially when it’s to communicate any progress and/or delays to your team & technical items to non-technical folks
- You have the ability to self-manage based on a defined project timeline
Posted: October 12, 2018
Closes: December 11, 2018