December 30, 2021
Want to make a difference? We are embarking on a technological journey that will change mining forever! Join a fast paced, high energy, and dynamic team that is modernizing mining for the future!
The Back-end Developer, RACE21™ collaborates with team members across the technology stack to deliver performant, effective, reliable solutions that will empower Teck's site staff to improve operations with advanced analytics. RACE21™ Back-End Developers have a passion for software development and an appetite for continual learning, working with the team to share and advance high-quality practices and standards.
(1 year contract) Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Use agile practices and a variety of software development technologies to rapidly develop creative and efficient solutions and deliver a great end-user experience
- Collaborate with other agile team members to craft clear user stories, design tests, and continuously deliver product enhancements
- Ensure the team's code follows up-to-date practices and industry standards to advance quality, maintainability, performance, and security
- Collaboratively challenge conventions and ideas to help the team avoid pitfalls and inefficient solutions
- Computer Science degree or equivalent education and experience
- At least four years of experience in a similar role
- Highly developed skills in Python and exposure to several different languages and paradigms
- Experience building data-intensive applications in a cloud-based environment
- Infrastructure knowledge including RESTful API frameworks (Flask, Express.Js) and Single Sign On
- Experience with TDD, and unit and functional/acceptance test technologies such as unittest, py.test, Mocha, Jest, Selenium
- Exposure to Docker/Kubernetes
- Exposure to Dataflow and BigQuery
- Solid understanding of Agile methodologies and professional experience on an agile team, including pair programming
- Keen collaborator and clear communicator, responsive to service needs and operational demands
- Passionate about the impact of emerging technologies and learning new skills and ideas
- Self-starter who embraces a culture of transparency and trust, and thrives in an environment of rapid change and growth
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2019, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the tenth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
#LI-CK1 Job Segment:
Developer, Social Media, Computer Science, Information Technology, Technology, Marketing, Mining