Imagine being a part of a team where your ideas have the potential to change companies, reshape industries, and improve the lives of many. Come and help build the future with us at Amazon Web Services as a Solutions Architect. Picture working with cutting-edge technology, the most dynamic businesses, and a talented & inclusive team. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-10 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Web Services where you can have fun while making history.
As a Senior Solutions Architect, you will partner with customers, sales, and several other teams to craft highly flexible, and resilient architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of services. In collaboration with sales, you will help drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers. As a trusted customer advocate, you will help organizations understand best practices around advanced-based solutions. You will seek out opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mind-share and broaden the use of the platform across customer organizations. You will utilize your ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
As an Senior Solutions Architect you are joining a team that invests in your success by providing comprehensive learning and mentorship programs. The Solutions Architecture team provides an opportunity to work in an open environment that includes self-paced learning, instructor-led training, hands-on projects, and job shadowing opportunities to develop your knowledge of the ecosystem of services and solutions. You will bring a curious mind, a thirst for knowledge, and a desire to understand how technology works. By working backwards from defined customer outcomes, you will achieve results that delight customers. You enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones so you can make meaningful contributions to long-term customer success.
• Build deep relationships with customers to become a trusted advisor for their most critical workloads that support their digital transformation and journey to the cloud
• Support achievement of revenue objectives through the adoption and migration of applications, software, and services onto the platform in partnership with the sales team
• Educate customers on the value proposition of cloud and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment
• Contribute to internal and customer-facing publications such as white-papers and blogs as a means of scaling your knowledge
• Act as a liaison between customers, service engineering teams, and support to address customer needs
• All travel is temporarily on hold.
We offer a flexible work environment to help you balance your work and personal life, while still remaining customer obsessed.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or related field of study OR 8+ years of professional or military work experience
• 8+ years within specific technology domain areas (e.g. software development, cloud computing, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics)
• 3+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience in applications and infrastructures
• Experience communicating across technical and non-technical audiences, including executive level stakeholders or clients
• 7 years in a technical solutions architect role, designing, implementing distributed applications, databases, and networks.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in EnglishPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies (e.g. ITIL, Zachman, TOGAF, etc.)
• Experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT managers, and developers
• Technical degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent work experience.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.