Come and join the team that is building new AWS services that will be trend setting in AWS by offering AWS-managed relational databases on customer's on-premises network. Our vision here is to offer capabilities of our battle-tested relational database services to customer's on-premises networks and build innovative capabilities that bridge the gap between customer's on-premise network and AWS cloud. We will be the first service to foray in this domain and will set a path for other AWS services to follow.
To learn more about our first service, refer to https://aws.amazon.com/rds/vmware/. To learn about other possibilities, refer to https://aws.amazon.com/outposts/
You will be responsible for rethinking the assumptions behind how traditional databases services were built and thinking how to build database services that operate seamlessly in customer's on-premises network and in the cloud. This is an area that requires solving the hardest engineering challenges in distributed systems and networking at massive scale. As a tier zero AWS service our solutions have to be super solid, scalable, efficient, and extremely fault tolerant. You will own the design, development, testing and deployment of these services. You will work in a fast-paced environment and do everything from determining priorities and designing features, to re-architecture as necessary, to automated testing, to mentoring others. The best candidates show true end-to-end ownership.
This position within Databases team presents a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product, and the business.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Experience with designing and building large scale systems
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, asynchronous architectures and distributed algorithms
• Experience developing in multiple languages
• Excellent problem solving skills; ability to simplify and innovate
• Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with contributing to open source
• Ability to collaborate, be both highly motivated and motivating
• Proven results oriented person with a bias to action
• Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science with emphasis on distributed systems or databases is a plus.
Software and Programming