Can you adapt to a fast-paced environment supporting projects across all parts of Amazon Web Services rapid evolving businesses? AWS Security manages risks of all the global external party engagements for AWS. AWS Security needs Security Technical Program Managers who can manage risk and drive business success. Come join a world-class security organization that is rapidly evolving the cloud services world.
AWS Security is working on cutting edge solutions in partnership with external parties that involve a wide variety of technologies including cloud services, identity and access management, machine learning, mobile devices, and custom hardware - all operating at massive scale.
AWS is seeking an independent, passionate, and deeply experienced professional to help lead the overall security direction of global vendor engagements. This role will provide thought leadership, portfolio management, and technical guidance for the security direction of our external party risk management program. This guidance will involve areas of customer support, access management, secure network configurations, and the security around tools used to support both operations and management of AWS engagements with external parties. The ideal candidate should be a technically experienced and innovative security professional who is able to communicate these across technical teams and at executive levels. The candidate should have the ability to handle a wide range of security requirements and can translate those requirements into operational processes and procedures for cloud computing.
The position will be responsible for coordinating the security of external party engagements to highlight areas of interest, flag opportunities for stronger security practices, and facilitating discussions with our leadership to address our security direction. If you enjoy working in an environment with rapidly changing threat scenarios on the cutting edge of information security, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity.
You will be expected to be strong in multiple domains and provide significant contributions to the AWS Security team and to multiple client groups throughout Amazon Web Services. You will develop elegant solutions to complex business problems and apply appropriate technologies while following security engineering best practices. You will mentor junior security professionals and be a security thought leader for the organization. Similarly, our highly collaborative team is committed to each team member's growth as our business grows. You will have the opportunity to learn from, and be mentored by, those who are building and securing AWS's cutting-edge services.
You will need a combination of technical and communication skills, as well as the ability to both lead projects, generate security metrics, and perform risk reviews of project proposals. This role will provide career growth opportunities as the technical program managers to gain new security skills in the course of your duties and working with fellow world-class technologists.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Minimum of 3+ years of driving software development or systems engineering projects; preferably within a professional services firm or the tech industry.
• 2+ years of experience designing and implementing secure application architecture and references
• 2+ years of experience in managing various enterprise web services, SaaS, or PaaS providers
• Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
• Prior working experience in a software development team.
• Experience working with stakeholders across many functions.
• Experience interpreting and communicating analyticsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Understanding of exploit protection and other advanced attacks containment is desirable
• An understanding of network and web related protocols (such as, TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
• An understanding of Web Services
• Experience with multiple programming languages (such as, Java, C++, Ruby, Python, Perl, etc.)
• Demonstrable teamwork skills and resourcefulness
• Possess self-drive to keep moving things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (avoid "analysis paralysis")
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Law Enforcement and Security Quality Assurance