Help us protect not only the Amazon Web Services () computing environment but all of our customers as well! Since 2006, our great team at has been enabling our customers to bring great ideas to life in ways that aren't possible in traditional IT environments. With you can flexibly harness compute, storage, security, and other services from across the globe as your business demands them.
Security is on the cutting edge of security for a wide variety of platforms and technologies including services, Internet of things (IoT), identity and access management, mobile devices, virtualization, and custom hardware, all operating at massive . Similarly, our highly collaborative team is committed to each team member's growth as our business grows.
Security is looking for a Technical Program Manager (TPM) to help validate that our services, applications, and emerging technologies are designed and implemented to the highest security standards. You will build and maintain programs and multiple projects discovering and addressing security issues, building security automation, and decisively taking action to mitigate emerging threats throughout a full secure development life-cycle (SDLC).
You will work with cutting edge technology and be a part of the Application Security team. You should have strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills, an understanding of modern Internet threats, the ability to influence people from customers to managers by creating a win-win solutions, and the desire to be an individual contributor to securing Amazon's next generation technology.
Joining the Amazon Web Services Application Security team provides the unique challenge and opportunity to build and review systems at the cutting edge of the to identify threats against and our customers. You will draw upon exemplary technical architecture skills, application security knowledge, project management, critical thinking, problem solving skills, and a passion for securing interconnected software systems. You should be open to new challenges, extremely good at multi-tasking, innovative, creative, self-directed and a great team player.
You will drive continuous process improvement, and collaborate effectively with cross-functional business and software development teams to solve problems and implement new solutions. You will interact with a broad cross-section of the Amazon organization spanning a wide range of technologies and engaging with external vendors and internal teams. In Amazon Web Services, Technical Program Managers juggle multiple projects with tight time-frames and deadlines.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Work with multiple engineering teams to managed the execution of new product security reviews
• Program management support for a team providing expert advice and consultancy to internal business partners on risk assessment, threat modeling, and prevention of security issues in throughout an SDLC
• Collaborate with security engineers to define and document secure development practices and requirements to enable secure product development
• Define information security controls and patterns that support risk assessments and support the development of secure architectures
• Understand service inter-dependencies and drive towards secure technical solutions for multi-tiered systems
• Collaborate with engineering teams to drive the product roadmaps by providing security requirements that help to map security controls / patterns to product features
• Address bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
• Partner with multiple teams across multiple locations with varying sets of priorities to ensure a timely delivery of secure products
• Clarify and drive project commitments as well as establish and maintain clear chains of accountability
• Lead internal process improvement projects, including the development and implementation of internal tools
• Collaborate with security experts to develop robust security guidance documentation
• Identify opportunities for development of security assurance tools and manage development efforts
• Security metrics delivery and improvements
• Assistance with recruiting activities and administrative work
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at , we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor (undergraduate) degree in a relevant field (Computer Science, Software Engineer, Security, or others) OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Minimum of 5 years of progressive security architecture experience
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in managing technical programs or projects including architecture, , implementation of services in a secure development life-cycle (SDLC)PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Ability to communicate deep technical issues in terms of business risk with non-experts and senior leaders
• Ability to lead through influence within a secure development life-cycle for multiple products and technologies, meeting customer expectations for security
• Experience implementing security solutions that resolve security and business risk trade-offs
• Exceeds expectations for Amazon's functional and technical depth and complexity for this role
• Prior working experience in a software development team
• Experience working with stakeholders across many functions
• Experience interpreting and communicating analytics
• Understanding of exploit protection and other advanced attacks containment is desirable
• Demonstrable teamwork skills and resourcefulness
• Possess self-drive to keep moving things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (avoid "analysis paralysis")
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Security architecture experience within a professional services firm similar environment
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.