Help us protect not only the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud computing environment but all of our customers as well! Since 2006, our great team at AWS has been enabling our customers to bring great ideas to life in ways that aren't possible in traditional IT environments. With AWS you can flexibly harness compute, storage, security, and other services from across the globe as your business demands them.
AWS Security is on the cutting edge of security for a wide variety of platforms and technologies including cloud services, Internet of things (IoT), identity and access management, mobile devices, virtualization, and custom hardware, all operating at massive scale. Similarly, our highly collaborative team is committed to each team member's growth as our business grows.
AWS Security is looking for a Product Security Engineer to design security controls and help validate that our services, applications, and emerging technologies are designed and implemented to the highest security standards. You will be responsible for analyzing the security of applications and services, discovering and addressing security issues, building security automation, and decisively taking action to mitigate emerging threats throughout a full secure development life-cycle (SDLC).
This role will provide career growth opportunities as you gain new security skills in the course of your work. Security engineers at AWS have an opportunity to experiment, learn, build tools, and work with teams building new technology and services at massive scale. Security engineers at all levels have the opportunity to learn from and be mentored by those who are building and securing our cutting-edge services. A security engineer is also expected to be a mentor for others and be a trusted security advisor within the organization.
A security engineer at Amazon is expected to have technical expertise in multiple domains and provide significant contributions to the AWS Security team and to multiple groups throughout Amazon. Security engineers are expected to develop elegant solutions to complex security risk problems and apply appropriate technologies while following security engineering best practices.
A security engineer must demonstrate strong Amazon leadership principles. This role requires the ability to foster constructive dialogue and seek resolution when confronted with differing opinions on security risks. Engineers in this role are expected to participate fully in the planning of the AWS Security team's work and constantly seek opportunities for process improvement.
A successful candidate will need a combination of troubleshooting, technical, and communication skills. An AWS Product Security engineer must have the ability to take ownership and deliver on multiple complex objectives which may include project and software development work.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Security reviews for new products, technologies, and services
• Secure design, architecture, and implementation
• Secure development life-cycle (SDLC) practices including threat modeling and security testing
• Influence decision-makers and stakeholders to achieve a consistently high security bar
• Conduct network and/or application penetration testing
• Create security guidance and documentation
• Develop security tools and automation
• Develop and deliver security training and outreach to internal development teams
• Lead security projects (including security reviews, tool development, and creation of new security practices) with end-to-end ownership
• Support for mentoring, team building and recruiting activitiesBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor (undergraduate) degree in a relevant field (Computer Science, Software Engineer, Security, or others) OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Minimum of 2 years of professional experience with any combination of at least 2 technical disciplines, including the following: cloud security, network security, application security, mobile security, secure development methodologies, software development and coding, identity management, authentication and authorization, network architecture, system administration, and systems engineering
• Professional experience with applied cryptography
• Professional experience building or reviewing threat models
• Professional experience conducting security assessments, including penetration testingPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Exceeds expectations for Amazon's Leadership Principles for this role
• Exceeds expectations for Amazon's functional and technical depth and complexity for this role
• Ability to lead through influence within a secure development life-cycle for multiple products and technologies, meeting customer expectations for security
• Experience implementing security solutions that resolve security and business risk trade-offs
• An understanding of networking and communication protocols (such as TCP/IP, UDP, SSL/TLS, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, BGP)
• An understanding of cryptography, web service frameworks, mobile application architectures, and service architectures (such as event-driven, service-oriented, or serverless architectures)
• Familiarity with reverse engineering or vulnerability research
• Familiarity with physical, infrastructure, or hardware security
• Experience with one or more programming languages (such as Java, C++, Ruby, Python, Perl) for the purpose of code review
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to communicate deep technical issues in terms of business risk with non-experts and senior leaders
• Strong bias for action balanced with a strong ability to dive deep into problems
• Strong ownership, urgency, and drive
• Strong analytical abilities and design skills
Please contact Lauren Bartini (email@example.com
) for more information.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.