Amazon Web Services ("AWS") offers a suite of infrastructure web services in the cloud that is changing how the world consumes IT resources. AWS currently serves customers from over 190 countries using a global network of data centers in the North America, South America, Europe, and across Asia Pacific. This person will help AWS continue to expand our business operations worldwide by determining what geographies we should expand to next. We are looking for a seasoned professional with strong product strategy and product management experience in platform level products or services. This person will have sufficient technical skills to understand IT architecture, unparalleled communication skills (can clearly describe strategy and drill into tactics), strong financial acumen, and the ability to interact with all functions, disciplines, and levels in the organization. This person will also be able to identify the needs of domestic and international customers and translate those requirements into business requirements that can be executed across the organization. This is a highly visible and critical position that will play a big role in the future direction of AWS.
• Help lead the effort to continually define where, when, and how AWS will expand its operations into new geographies
• Define the business case, customer segmentation, competitive analysis, pricing analysis, marketing strategy, financial (P&L) models, and go-to-market strategies for specific market segments
• Become the subject matter expert on cloud computing in various countries; recommend features, functionality, and tools to help customers more easily adopt AWS products and services
• Develop detailed analysis on ways to accelerate cloud adoption and orchestrate the successful execution of defined expansion plans across AWS
• Passionate about and possess a strong understanding about AWS and the cloud computing space
• Both technically deep and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within the organization
• Able to be strategic, but also drive tactics and execution; willing to get your hands dirty and get the job done
• Have an entrepreneurial spirit and are able to work independently and effectively in a results-oriented, efficient environment
• Ability to communicate effectively - both verbally and writtenBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, technology, or related field.
• 10+ years of technology-related product strategy and/or product management experience.
• 10+ years direct experience driving complex cross-functional and/or cross-company initiatives.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Knowledge of international business environments, including IT infrastructure, government regulations, IT industry usage behaviors and preferences, and other macro-economic dynamics related to different countries or regions
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Able to collect, analyze, and summarize data from disparate sources in order to drive conclusions and recommendations
• Exceptional in working with cross-functional teams
• MBA or similar advanced degree highly desired
• A technical background in engineering or computer science a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Management and Executive