Company: Finning Canada
Posting End Date: Oct 24, 2019Number of Openings:
Worker Type: Permanent
Position Overview: As an Autonomy Truck Engineer at Fining Canada you would be responsible for developing Finning Canada's capabilities by assisting with customer installations, providing product support, troubleshooting, administering warranties, providing training and interfacing with Caterpillar and partner channels to develop new products. This role is primarily machine focused, onboard hardware and software, however will interface with Autonomous Haulage Systems, and other related MineStar Products. The Autonomy Truck Engineer is the highest-level Technical Support Role within the Autonomy Solutions Group where the incumbent is an expert in high-tech products, with a focus on the Machine Control & Guidance equipment and Software Enabled Attachment.
If this describes you as an individual, we want to hear from you!
The Finning Autonomous Solutions Group (ASG) is partnered with Caterpillar to leverage MineStar capabilities to provide the fully integrated operation of remote control, semi-autonomous and fully autonomous mining systems for our customers. Mining autonomy is transforming the industry and positively positioning Finning as a leader in this space. If you are a digitally literate professional who enjoys problem-solving and are looking to enhance your career with technology, then join our team today.
Education & Experience:
- The onsite Autonomy Truck Engineer will coach on site personnel on how to properly diagnose and resolve issues. This will primarily focus on pointing the on-site personnel towards the proper trouble shooting documentation but can also entail instruction on how to execute the trouble shooting procedures.
- The onsite Autonomy Truck Engineer will also be the focal point to coordinate with the Mining Technical Services team to help track reliability issues and resolution on the physical parts and components related to the Command Layer.
- Assist the site personnel with investigation into uncommon or particularly troublesome issues. When progress on an issue has slowed or if an issue is particularly sensitive in nature the Truck Engineer role will assist site personnel with the investigation.
- The Autonomy Truck Engineer role will provide technical detail during the commissioning process but will not lead nor oversee the commissioning process.
- This role will work with engineering team to find resolution to problems that require offsite based engineering input.
- The incumbent filling this role will also use his/her on site knowledge, data and training to proactively alert the engineering teams on potential issues before they are reported by site. This may include gateway or autonomy log analysis for uncommon truck behavior or situations.
- The offsite based engineering teams will use information provided by the on-site Truck Engineer as an input to help them prioritize issue resolution as well as new feature introduction.
- Participate on special committees (mining processes, technology, training, safety, Sustainable Development, etc.)
- Increase product-positioning knowledge for Caterpillar
- Degree in Engineering preferred (Mining, Mechanical, civil, geological, informatics or related) or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of previous experience in a related position
- Minimum of 1 year of open pit mining experience
- CAD/CAM, Vulcan, Deswik, RPMGlobal, or other Mine Engineering software experience
- Mining Dispatch Knowledge (MineStar, Wenco, Modular, Jigsaw, etc.) Mine Planning knowledge, CAD/CAM, Solidworks, Vulcan, Deswik, RPMGlobal or other Mine engineering software knowledge
- An understanding of mine maintenance planning philosophies and systems
- Strong knowledge on the Caterpillar Mining Equipment Product Line
- The position requires extensive experience with the MineStar Product Line.
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.