March 8, 2021
Reporting to the Supervisor, Processing Systems, the Automation Specialist, Processing Systems is responsible for safely and reliably delivering and maintaining a diverse set of technology that is redefining the way we operate our mineral processing and vessel loading systems worldwide. Technologies include process automation, remote operations, thin client human machine interfaces, optimization systems, machine learning, and operator safety systems.
The Operational Technology, Processing Systems team is responsible for a large portfolio of business-critical systems that are used to optimize the safety, productivity, and environmental sustainability of our mining operations. You will collaborate with innovative software, hardware, and service suppliers to develop, deliver, and maintain these systems.
To be successful we are looking for someone with strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, who can translate technical information to gain consensus from staff with varying backgrounds. Who can work independently in a distributed team with a collaborative approach to problem solving, who is detail oriented, but also able to think strategically.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Working a compressed workweek with alternating Fridays off, come experience what work life balance is all about! Responsibilities
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Work as part of a highly collaborative team with a focus on delivering value and promoting sharing of standard methodologies across operations
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical problems
- Work closely with front line staff to improve and support existing processing systems at our operations globally
- Support innovation initiatives, such as Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Internet of Things, and Augmented/Virtual Reality
- Provide design and implementation support to major projects including green field projects
- Define, implement, support and continuously improve cutting edge systems that optimize safety, sustainability, and productivity
- Monitor for system problems and provide emergency support, including some afterhours support
- Administer Windows server and desktop platforms within the control system environment
- Adhere to departmental change control policies and procedures and develop and maintain documentation of standards and best practices
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering with an Automation focus, or other related subject area, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum three years demonstrated ability programming PLC and HMI Systems with a background in instrumentation, automation, and control systems
- Rockwell and Wonderware experience and training
- Ability to understand and develop control systems from engineering documents such as P&ID's, control narratives, and function diagrams
- Knowledge of industrial control system security concepts and techniques, application source control, electrical systems, and computer network and database fundamentals
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop and server Operating Systems, virtualization, Active Directory, and computer networking fundamentals would be an asset
- Valid class five driver's license with a clean drivers abstract
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources. Job Segment:
Electrical, Engineer, Computer Science, Instrumentation, Engineering, Mining, Technology