Auto Service Centre Assistant Manager Position Overview Aon Hewitt has announced BCAA as a 2018 Canadian Gold Level Best Employer
If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to build your career, then you've landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Go the extra mile and share our vision to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia, absolutely famous for doing the right thing. Automotive Services
BCAA's Vernon Auto Service Centre location is hiring for an Assistant Service Manager
. This position is responsible for supporting the Service Manager, Automotive in leading and managing a team to deliver on health and safety, financial, productivity, customer experience, risk management and engagement goals.
The Assistant Manager will oversee the daily operations of an Auto Service Centre customer by providing on-the-floor supervision and coaching, assisting customers as needed, and implementing and promoting of BCAA's corporate initiatives, standards and practices. The Auto Service Centre Assistant Manager is a source of positive brand impressions and builds long-lasting relationships with all of our customers to drive BCAA's vision to be the most trusted organization in automotive repair. Key performance indicators for this role will be team NPS scores, monthly revenue targets and an overall great customer experience for members. What is the status?
Regular Full-Time Key Responsibilities Include What you will be doing? People Leadership and Engagement
With the Service Manager, Automotive, responsible for maintaining a high-energy, effective work environment with an engaged and productive sales and service team, by:
• Building a talented team through consistent and disciplined coaching
• Effectively communicating the alignment of corporate, team and individual goals
• Setting clear expectations and holding team members accountable
• Consistently recognizing team members
• Supporting personal development plans and succession planning
• Injecting positive energy and fun into the workplace
• In collaboration with other internal business partners, recruiting and retaining engaged and skilled sales team members and managing team member performance Health & Safety
• Lead team to ensure full compliance and follow through on all Health & Safety policies and procedures
• Run monthly H&S meetings and help identify and correct hazards or at-risk areas in the business with actionable preventative procedures
• Contribute to the overall team safety culture by wearing PPE when in shop, escorting customers into shop with PPE and ensuring team is following all safe work procedures for work being performed in shop Customer Experience
Responsible for supporting the overall experience for customers, as measured by customer experience scores (Net Promoter score, Customer Satisfaction), and including:
• Proactively managing workflow and daily operations to optimize the customer experience
• Leading with a one-team approach across all customer-facing channels to provide a seamless customer experience during all types of customer interactions
• Communicating and reinforcing customer experience standards and expectations to team members
• Handling of customer queries and escalations
• Assisting customers, as needed Financial Growth and Productivity
Responsible for leading the sales and service team to the achievement of corporate financial and productivity goals through the acquisition of new business and retention of current business and optimization of staffing levels within the location, as measured by:
• Execution of ASC business plan and budget • Gross and net sales growth • Productivity and efficiency within shop team • Increased brand loyalty through effective execution of marketing activities • Effective management to optimize resources during all hours of operation • Responsible for ensuring customer timelines are being met at all times Disciplined Operations Compliance
With the Service Manager, Automotive, responsible for ensuring the Auto Service Centre operations, document processing and customer interactions are in compliance with policies set in place by ASC Operations teams.
• Reviews daily cash reports and balancing • Fortifies the team's disciplined risk management practices through document review, documentation and coaching • Ensures adherence to audit and underwriting standards to minimize risk and limit potential for errors and omissions, develops and executes action plans where required • Documents, investigates and reports any potential risk issues or concerns Business-building Opportunities and Community Impact
With the manager, working with other internal departments, identify and implement business-building opportunities and increase the profile of BCAA in the community through support of the following:
• Enthusiastic support and participation in BCAA sponsored charities (e.g. United Way) • Identify and increase involvement in local store community initiatives • Engaging in sustainability initiatives and activities that decrease our carbon footprint Service Advisor Support
When required, perform the role of a Service Advisor to ensure timely and high quality customer service.
• Greet and check-in customers entering ASC location • Book and Maintain appointment scheduling in scheduler and understand and utilize NEAT application to access member info • Maintain and develop excellent customer experience and relationships • Provide repair estimates and receive customer approval for work to be performed, finalize sales, and complete customer follow up next day • Recommend preventative maintenance and repair services to members/customers • Listen and accurately qualify customer requirements in order to offer the appropriate diagnostic, maintenance, or repair services to meet the Member/customer's needs and/or budget • Provide all Members/customers with an estimated completion time and keep them informed of any changes in the quoted time • Maintain proper communication within the team. Provide accurate and detailed information to Technicians to assist in diagnosis • Shift open & close duties Acquires and maintains industry, product and systems knowledge
• Maintains a working knowledge of all BCAA products, best practices, standards, policies and systems • Attends required BCAA and industry training courses • Keeps up-to-date with industry knowledge and competitor's product offerings Minimum Qualifications What you bring to the role? Minimum Qualifications
• College/University degree or diploma with minimum two-three (2-3) years of related experience within the automotive industry plus two (2) years of supervisory experience within the automotive field. Combination of equivalent education and experience will be considered. • Demonstrated ability to leverage analytical and problem-solving skills to meet and exceed sales goals and targets • Excellent customer service and conflict resolution skills • Proven judgment and decision-making abilities in a fast-paced environment • Sales coaching and performance management experience • Excellent verbal and written communication skills • Demonstrated multi-tasking skills and proven ability to effective time manage and prioritize activities • Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities • Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Must successfully pass a background check, which may include a criminal, credit, and credential check. Division
CBU Job Status
Regular Full Time (RFT) Location Name
Vernon Location Name
Vernon ASC State/Province
British Columbia [BC] Compensation & Benefits Overview What BCAA offers you:It's not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being one of AON Top 50 Employers in Canada - 2018 and Top 50 Employers for Young People - 2015.
•Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day. We aspire to be one of the best places to work for those who value integrity, teamwork and community. Each of us will grow personally and professionally by doing engaging work with inspiring people.
•We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
•We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
•We are an equal opportunity employer that's committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
•We have an amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
•Team members at our Home Office also get to use our Shared EV (electric vehicle) Program, have access to our subsidized cafeteria and free fitness centre.