132101 Cost Centre:
[[costCenter]] Employee Referral Program - Potential Reward:
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank. About the role:
Reporting to Scotia Digital API Engineering, the DevOps Engineer will be part of the API Operations team. Will be responsible for the development, stability, and support of the API Management platforms. Our team work in an agile environment, in charge if operations, support and the onboarding of API providers and API consumers. We work very close with several teams as API Engineering/development, network, security, cloud, devops, as well as with vendors such as APIGee and Mulesoft.
This role offers a great opportunity of knowledge acquisition through the several components managed on our API Management platform and the interaction with several other teams involved. Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Deploying, maintaining and managing all stages of Technology Product life cycle including prototyping/inception, testing, and production.
- Work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems.
- Ensure/monitor the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems.
- Help automate and streamline our operations and processes.
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Evaluate new technology options and vendor products.
- Create documentation including design, operational support documents.
- Regularly conveying status to team and management.
- Manage operations and support of all APIM platforms (Mulesoft / APIgee)
What's in it for you?
- 3+ years of software engineering industry experience
- Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- Solid experience in application support in a 24x7 uptime environment.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Experience with version control systems such as Git, and other CICD dev tools such as Jira, Jenkins, and Confluence.
- Solid concepts and experience in Quality Assurance processes on IT Platforms
- Experience in Linux
- Previous experience / knowledge on APIGee, Mulesoft or some other APIM Platforms
- Experience with Agile software development and project management methodologies.
- Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).
- Good understanding of API / API orchestration / Proxies / Gateways concepts and architecture
- Good knowledge about DevOps scripting tools such as bash, nodejs, java, python.
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Engineer, Bank, Banking, Software Engineer, Technology, Engineering, Finance
Engineering Information Technology