Bring your M&A expertise in-house and shape the future Join our team
The TELUS Legal Services team provides world-class, innovative legal support to the TELUS group of companies. We partner with teams across the organization to advance our corporate priorities and ultimately deliver better outcomes and experiences for TELUS' customers.
Our service delivery model is built on the best legal talent who are confident experts and have a keen interest in advancing our strategy. Our team is ready for complex challenges because each of us are intrinsically passionate about our calling as strategic business partners who deliver a superior legal customer experience. Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
As the Associate General Counsel - Mergers & Acquisitions, you will provide M&A thought leadership and support to senior executives and lead a high performance legal team that supports M&A transactions. You and your team will partner with our Corporate Development and TELUS Ventures teams and a diverse range of senior leaders from across the enterprise. Through your leadership, you will ensure that M&A transactions are effectively executed and contribute to TELUS' success. Here's how
• Further building internal capabilities to increase the proportion of transactions completed with internal resources
• Striving continuously to improve capabilities and outcomes by driving new approaches and process improvements including optimization of the overall legal spend across internal resources and external counsel
• Further strengthening relationships with key stakeholders by cultivating a deep understanding of their business objectives and by providing proactive, solution-oriented advice
• Leading the execution of transactions and supporting the development and implementation of transaction strategy
• Providing thought leadership, strategic consultation and innovative solutions ontransactional challenges and opportunities to influence and shape key business decisions
• Mentoring and coaching legal team members to develop the next generation of talent
• Directing the support of private equity investments and financing transactions Qualifications: You're the missing piece of the puzzle
• Called 7 or more years ago to the Bar
• With 5 or more years of experience leading M&A transactions
• Respected for your legal skills, business acumen, initiative, creativity, learning-oriented mindset and collaborative style
• Regarded as a strong people leader with a reputation for inspiring and developing talent to achieve career goals and creating a highly collaborative and engaged team culture
• Skilled and confident at engaging and interacting with sophisticated stakeholders, internally and externally, including executives
• Noted for your ability to effectively communicate legal advice to diverse range of stakeholders
• Recognized for your record of successfully managing multiple, concurrent files and priorities and delivering on commitments
• Experienced in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, corporate reorganizations, equity and debt financings, and corporate governance Great-to-haves
• A background in securities and/or intellectual property
• Bilingual English and French (written and spoken)
In order to be considered on a vacancy:
• You must be performing at standard in your current role for a minimum of 12 months*
• The opportunity should be aligned to goals within your 'My Development' plan
• You are responsible for notifying your support person of your application
• You must apply online
*Or in accordance with applicable collective agreement Who is TELUS?
You are part of a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Your passion for demonstrating our values and delivering on our Customers First commitments helps to drive our success, ultimately making a difference for our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our team.
Thinking of taking your career at TELUS in a different direction? Then apply online today. This just might be the right move for you.
At TELUS, you
create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.