Associate Corporate Accountant Position Overview Aon Hewitt has announced BCAA as a Platinum Best Employer for 2019
If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to build your career, then you've landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Go the extra mile and share our vision to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia, absolutely famous for doing the right thing.
The Associate Corporate Accountant
is responsible for recording newly acquired fixed assets, tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets. The Associate Corporate Accountant will also be tasked with assisting with improvements to the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the Fixed Asset process.
General Accounting and Financial Reporting responsibilities are focused on helping Corporate and Senior Accountants with journal entries, account reconciliations, general ledger reviews, and audit preparation.
The Associate Corporate Accountant will work closely with the Project Accountant and other members of the Finance team to engage with stakeholders from around the organization to ensure that project costs are recorded accurately.
This role requires assisting team members on how to interpret fixed asset accounting information and procedures as it pertains to additions, disposals, and transfers of fixed assets. What is the status?
Regular Full-TimeWhat are the hours?
35 hour work week What BCAA offers you:
It's not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being announced as a Platinum Best Employer for 2019 and Top 50 Employers for Young People - 2015.
•Great compensation packages, including bonus
•We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members offering, Automotive Apprenticeship and Leadership Development programs.
•We have an amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
•Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
•We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
•We are an equal opportunity employer that's committed to accessible, inclusive employment. Key Responsibilities Include Fixed Asset Accounting
• Record fixed asset additions, disposals, transfers and adjustments in the fixed asset sub-ledger
• Calculate depreciation for all fixed assets monthly
• Reconcile fixed asset sub-ledger and general ledger accounts monthly and resolve any discrepancies in a timely manner
• Prepare quarterly fixed asset working paper
• Conduct annual impairment reviews and investigate the potential obsolescence of fixed assets
• Determine proper accounting treatment of fixed assets according to company policy and procedure
• Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets and assist the auditors in their inquiries
• Identify and implement opportunities to improve practices and processes General Accounting and Financial Reporting
• Assist with month-end journal entries and account reconciliations, as required, for the organizations general ledger accounts
• Assist with bank related journal entries and reconciliations
• Assist with the month-end review of specified accounts, identifying and investigating inconsistencies, and implementing corrective actions
• Assist the Finance team with the implementation of process improvement opportunities
• Assist the Finance team with year-end audit working paper preparation Project Accounting
• Assist the Project Accountant with monitoring and analyzing project costs, liaising with stakeholders throughout the organization, providing guidance and advice to project managers on project accounting and implementing opportunities to improve practices and processes. Internal:
• Reports directly to the Manager, Corporate Accounting • Works closely with Project Accountant to fulfill responsibilities of the role • Assists team members in the Finance department External:
• As required, the Associate Corporate Accountant will work with external auditors to assist with the year-end audit Minimum Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Business/Commerce with a concentration in Finance/Accounting from a recognized university or college, or bachelor's degree in another discipline with a post-secondary diploma in Accounting • In-depth knowledge of spreadsheet and relational database applications • Demonstrable plans to continue professional development through completion of the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation • Demonstrated enrolment in or previous completion of all pre-requisite CPA preparatory courses Preferred Qualifications:
• Already enrolled in CPA Professional Education Program ("PEP") • Previous co-op/internship experience in accounting/finance • Prior exposure to a medium to large, multi-entity corporate reporting structure • Prior experience in a high transaction volume environment • Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate information to both financial and non-financial people at various levels • Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment Background Check
•Must successfully pass a background check, which may include a criminal, credit, and credential checkDivision
CFO Job Status
Regular Full Time (RFT) Location Name
Head Office (Burnaby) Location Name
British Columbia [BC] Compensation & Benefits Overview
At BCAA, we offer competitive compensation packages and excellent career advancement opportunities. To find out more, ask the hiring managers during your interview. Candidates will be required to successfully complete a back check which may include criminal, credit and credentials
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS JOB POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.
BEFORE APPLYING FOR A POSITION, CLICK ON THE VIEW JOBS SECTION TO ENSURE THIS POSTING IS ACTIVE.