Associate Analyst (Finance)
Reference ID: 3482720
Associate Analyst (Finance)
Aon Hewitt has announced BCAA as a Platinum Best Employer for 2019
If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to build your career, then you've landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Go the extra mile and share our vision to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia, absolutely famous for doing the right thing.
The Associate Analyst position supports BCAA's analysis and reporting processes and is responsible for assisting the Finance team with analysis and forecasting of BCAA's financial performance and preparation of BCAA's annual strategic financial plan and budget.
The Associate Analyst will work closely with other members of the Finance team in a collaborative environment to provide support for business partners in their decision-making processes.
The role requires strong critical thinking and understanding of complex database systems to find and analyze appropriate data to enhance decision-making in the organization.
What is the status?
What are the hours?
35 hour work week
What BCAA offers you:
It's not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being announced as a Platinum Best Employer for 2019 and Top 50 Employers for Young People - 2015.
•Great compensation packages, including bonus
•We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members offering, Automotive Apprenticeship and Leadership Development programs.
•We have an amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
•Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
•We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
•We are an equal opportunity employer that's committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
Key Responsibilities Include
• Utilize diverse and disparate systems to obtain data to support timely and effective decision making
• Analyze and organize data to assist Analysts and Senior Analysts with interpretation of information impacting the business
• Interact with internal business partners to identify and develop a clear understanding of business issues and how data can aid in their decision making
• Use insights from internal business partners to enhance and/or develop new reports and dashboards to aid in their decision making
• Develop and maintain complex financial models for planning and analysis
• Identify & implement process improvements/enhancements to support client departments with decision making
• Assist with maintenance of the financial planning system
• Ad-hoc projects as required
• Reports directly to the Manager, Finance
• Works closely with other Finance team members in support of various business units
• Assists key operations personnel in business units to aid decision-making by providing accurate and timely data/reporting
• As required, work with external consultants/advisors to support strategic projects requiring access to accurate and timely data/reporting
• Bachelor's degree in Business/Commerce/Computer Science with a concentration in Finance/Accounting/Data Science
• In-depth knowledge of spreadsheet and relational database applications
• Working knowledge of Sequence Query Language ("SQL") and related reporting and analysis tools (e.g. DBVisualizer, MS Excel PowerQuery, MS Power BI)
• Demonstrated understanding of financial and management accounting concepts
• Prior co-op/internship experience in accounting/finance or data analysis/science
• Demonstrable plans to continue professional development through completion of the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
• Demonstrated enrolment in or previous completion of all pre-requisite CPA preparatory courses or already enrolled in CPA Professional Education Program ("PEP")
• Prior exposure to a medium to large, multi-entity corporate reporting structure
• Prior experience in a high transaction volume environment
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate information to both financial and non-financial people at various levels
• Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
• Working knowledge of online analytical processing ("OLAP") tools, particularly IBM Cognos TM1
• Must successfully pass a background check, which may include a criminal, credit, and credential check
Regular Full Time (RFT)
Head Office (Burnaby)
British Columbia [BC]
Posted: January 19, 2019
Closes: March 20, 2019