ABOUT THE COMPANY
New Beta Innovation Canada Limited (NBI-CA) is a preclinical stage life sciences organization in Burnaby, BC. Leveraging on our expertise in research and development, we are transforming drug discovery into clinical applications for unmet medical needs. We have ongoing collaborations with top universities worldwide on various research projects, with distinguished achievements in the areas of oncology, neurology, ischemic and hypoxic conditions.
Our state-of-the-art GMP manufacturing facilities and laboratories in Greater Vancouver are home to a growing team of professionals who are inspired to develop advanced life-saving hemoglobin-based therapeutics for the well-being of people.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Human Resources, the incumbent will perform a variety of HR activities with a focus on Total Rewards program. You will support our overall corporate culture through proposed initiatives that provide competitive compensation, benefits, and other rewards to our employees.
- Be the point of contact and go-to person providing services, advice, support to employees and manager in all HR areas including talent acquisition, performance management, career planning & development, training & development, policy and procedure, employee relations, total rewards
- Review and monitor total rewards programs, and recommend enhancements to policies and programs for competitiveness and alignment with the company goals
- Process and/or oversee payroll and benefits administration in accordance with local regulations
- Build a trusting and collaborative relationship with client groups by having strong business acumen and deep insight into the groups’ operation and business
- Coach managers on people-matters including performance management, conflict resolution, policies and procedures, compensation, and employment law
- Stay abreast with people trends in order to develop, implement, and monitor HR initiatives, programs, and policies that support the attraction, retention, and engagement of employees
- Lead, participate and collaborate with peers on HR projects and activities including policies and procedures, performance review, salary surveys, job analysis, compensation, and benefits, HRIS
- Prepare and/or review HR related documentation, including reports and trends analysis
- Identify, manage, and work with management on complex employee relations issues
- Work closely with managers to provide strategic advice on workforce planning, recruitment and hiring decisions
- Conduct and/or present HR related information and internal training programs as required
- Lead, develop and coach other HR team members
- Perform other tasks as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum 6 years experience in an HRBP/HR Generalist role with minimum 1 years in a supervisory role
- Degree in Human Resources or relevant field
- Solid knowledge and application of HR legislation
- Willingness and ability to share your knowledge and experience with others
- Experience with HRIS and applicant tracking systems, preferably ADP
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive, flexible, and adaptable to changing priorities, but to still able to maintain focus on overall objectives
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate and interact with employees within all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated tact, good judgment, and discretion; maintain confidentiality of files, personal information, and other matters, as appropriate
- Possession of CPHR Designation
WHY JOIN NBI?
The best reason is because of our wonderful people and great work environment. If you are looking for a career with meaning and purpose, it’s hard to beat working in life sciences. We provide an attractive compensation and benefits package which recognizes people for their contributions, and comprehensive training and career development opportunities which support our employees’ growth with the company.
If you are interested in joining our team, we encourage you to APPLY today!
Biotechnology Human Resources