Finning International Inc.Number of Openings:
The Assistant Corporate Secretary is a key member of the corporate secretarial team, experienced in Board governance and corporate governance matters.
Under the supervision and direction of the Corporate Secretary, and occasionally the General Counsel, and in partnership with the Corporate Administrator, the Assistant Corporate Secretary will assist in the coordination and preparation of materials and agendas for all meetings of the Board and related committees, working groups and advisory bodies, the preparation of timely and accurate minutes of such meetings, the annual Board evaluation process and the coordination and preparation of continuous disclosure documents.
The Assistant Corporate Secretary supports operation of the Board Portal regarding meeting materials and other communications and the governance section of the corporate website.Job Description: Corporate Governance and Board Support - 60%
Regulatory Filings - 25%
- Drafting and timely distribution of agendas and meeting related materials (including reports and resolutions) for Board, committee, working group and advisory body meetings and shareholder meetings
- Attend meetings of the Board, committees, working groups and advisory bodies and accurately preparing and finalizing minutes in a timely fashion
- Update and maintain the minute book and related materials and documents, and board member information
- Creation and maintenance of forward-agendas and action items lists for the Board, committees, working groups and advisory bodies
- Support logistics planning for meetings of the Board, committees, working groups and advisory bodies
- Support review and updating governance policies and Board and committee terms of reference
- Assist with quarterly Board compensation
Annual Shareholders' Meeting - 10%
- Draft the annual information form and proxy circular, coordinate management and legal review and incorporate input
- Assist in making other routine regulatory filings, including SEDI (including for directors and other insiders), SEDAR and TSX filings
Corporate Records and Budgeting - 5%
- Support organization of shareholder meetings, including internal logistics, liaising with the transfer agent, Broadridge, the virtual meeting platform provider, etc., and attending to related regulatory filings, preparing shareholder meeting scripts, minutes, and report of voting results
- Assist in maintaining Finning and Finning subsidiary companies in North America in good standing
- Support maintaining incentive plan records including registers, issuances, and exercises
- Prepare the annual and multi-year budgets and quarterly or monthly forecast updates for the Corporate Secretary and Board of Directors and General Counsel
- A minimum of 3-4 years working experience in a corporate governance environment, including in a board support function, corporate paralegal, or senior level administrator in legal and corporate records
- Solid understanding of corporate secretarial and corporate governance practices
- Experience in current corporate legal and securities regulations.
- A self-motivated team player who takes initiative, embraces change, and pursues best business practices
- Excellent knowledge of the complete MS Office package with exposure to other web-based applications (Diligent, Solium)
- Must be detail oriented with outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of stakeholders
- Superior organizational skills, with the ability to manage competing priorities, multi-task and achieve strict deadlines
- Highly professional, discreet, collaborative, and resourceful
This is a permanent part time role consisting of 3 days per week.
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.