We're looking for a top-tier Art Director
to help us shape how CryptoKitties comes to life across illustration, animation, and advertising. Your mission is to inspire delight from concept to execution. You'll play a key role in growing a business through your insights, and you'll help shape the way a revolutionary new technology is introduced to and adopted by new audiences. Every day, you'll collaborate with a world-class team (and some very cute dogs) in our Vancouver office.
Every one of us shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision. A little about us:
CryptoKitties is the world's most successful blockchain game
, accounting for 25% of the traffic on the Ethereum network
upon launch. Unlike cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin or ether, CryptoKitties are crypto collectibles
that secure ownership of digital art via distributed ledger technology. Since launching, tens of millions of US dollars
in transactions have been conducted on the platform, with some of the game's most popular cats selling for the equivalent of over US$100,000. The cultural phenomenon has been featured by The Wall Street Journal
, The New York Times
, and VICE
Our team combines creativity and experience to test new ground in game-making-our mission is to inspire delight with the goal of attracting the first billion consumers to the world of blockchain
games and digital assets.The ideal candidate:
Our ideal candidate is a creative risk-taker, art maverick, and team player. They have a strong preference for craft and an obsession for pixel perfection. They will work closely with the creative director, product designers, product owners, marketing strategists, and a variety of other stakeholders. We're looking for someone to own Art Direction - to execute a strategy and push our team forward.The role:
To succeed in this role, you must have:
- You'll partner closely with the Creative Director to define how the brand comes to life in animation, advertising, and game experiences.
- You'll contribute to the evolution of CryptoKitties and inform the brand standards with regards to our approach to mediums, channels, and aesthetic.
- You'll collaborate with the Creative Director and Marketing team to develop concepts for multi-channel campaigns, including pre-roll, social media, email, and guerilla marketing.
- You'll take the lead defining approaches to special projects by developing concepts, researching talent, and engaging with freelancers to drive each project across the finish line.
- You'll collaborate with the Creative Director on building the CryptoKitties universe and liaise with Environment Designers for narrative projects.
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Strong portfolio demonstrating graphic excellence, conceptual ideas, and campaign development.
- Proven ability to create compelling illustrations and work with typography to enhance designs.
- 5+ years agency or in-house experience developing creative for cross platform marketing campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability to tell compelling stories weaving narrative and creative together.
- Thorough understanding of photography, typography, and digital asset creation.
- Expert knowledge in Adobe Creative Cloud (particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign).
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities and the flexibility to adapt to changing timelines.
- Cooperative mindset to collaborate with cross-disciplinary team spanning illustrators, designers, developers and product managers.
More about CryptoKitties:
- Strong illustration skills, validated with 3+ years working as an illustrator for a agencies or freelance for a roster of top tier brands.
- 3+ years in motion graphics with both hands on execution polish and experience managing motion development.
At CryptoKitties we recruit the best and foster an environment that enables our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
We offer compensation commensurate with the high level of talent we seek, extensive benefits, and flexible time off policy.
Posted: November 17, 2018
Closes: January 16, 2019