is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects .
•We value our people and our reputation
•We are locally dedicated with international scale
•We are future focused and challenge the status quo
•We foster collaboration in everything we do
•We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable VANCOUVER (WILL CONSIDER OTHER LOCATIONS IN BRITISH COLUMBIA)
We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector, made stronger with the recent acquisition of Golder. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. With Golder now part of our WSP team, we have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more.The Opportunity:
We're continuing to grow and develop our expertise in Earth and Environment, operating as a trusted advisor and technical expert on engineering design challenges for our clients across multiple industries. Our team is growing, and as a result we're adding Archaeological Field Technicians
with proven experince in British Columbia for the 2022 Field Season
. The successful candidates will be specifically hired to support existing project work that is on a fieldwork rotation of 10 working days followed by 4 days off. Work is anticipated to start towards the end of March and extend into September. This is a temporary hourly position. This may be extended or be shortened depending on changing schedules and/or weather conditions. Why WSP?
•We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion
•Our Flexible Work Policy
- we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
success story - we're proud
to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your
ideas and trying new
•A phenomenal collaborative
culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people
who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey. We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAre WSP A day in the life:
• Carrying out archaeological survey, test excavation and mitigative excavation in cultural resources management under the direction of the Field Crew Supervisor;
• Working with Indigenous community members in a respectful and collaborative manner;
• Demonstrating a "Safety First" focus and acting as a role model to other staff;
• Complying with our Fit for Duty Policy;
• Maintaining a high standard of ethical behavior to uphold our reputation and demonstrates a commitment to our Core Values;
• Working in a variety of environments, such as all-weather conditions, rugged and semi-remote locations, and overnight accommodations in a camp or hotel setting;
• Performing other duties as required, including but not limited to, artifact analysis, reporting, and research. We'd love to hear from you if you have ...
• A minimum of one year of relevant experience;
• Archaeology, Anthropology or related Degree from a recognized program or nearing completion;
• Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively with Indigenous representatives;
• Some knowledge of British Columbia archaeology;
• Able to work in varying terrain and weather conditions;
• Ability to do strenuous field work, including hiking in uneven terrain, carrying heavy loads and manual excavating;
• Strong written and verbal communications skills;
• Ability to take direction and work in both a team environment and independently;
• Valid driver's license (Class 5).
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment.
You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY .
WSP Canada Inc.
Early Career (< 3 years)
Kamloops (Victoria Street), Kelowna (Leon Avenue), Greater Vancouver Area, British Columbia, Canada/, Prince George, British Columbia, Canada/, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada/