Work at one of the 50 best employers in Canada! If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to build your career, then you've landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Go the extra mile and share our vision to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia, absolutely famous for doing the right thing. Aon Hewitt has announced BCAA as a 2019 Platinum Level Best Employer! What BCAA offers you:
- It's not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being a 2019 Platinum level Best Employer by AON and being recognized as a 2018 Outstanding Workplace by YWCA.
- Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
- We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
- We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that's committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
- Our Regular Full-Time & Part-Time+ (working 20 hours or more per week) status team members are eligible to participate in our amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
- Team members at our Home Office also get to use our Shared EV (electric vehicle) Program, have access to our subsidized cafeteria and free fitness centre.
Our Penticton A uto Service Centre location is currently searching for a Regular Full-time Apprentice Automotive Technician
to join our BCAA Team!
The Apprentice Technician
is responsible for the successful completion of each Customer Repair Order assigned to them and all other repair related issues while ensuring member/customer satisfaction. The Apprentice Technician is also responsible for the continuous improvement of their quality of work including their customer handling skills.
It is the Apprentice Technician's responsibility that they provide accurate cost and time estimates to help drive BCAA's vision as the most trusted organization in BC. The Apprentice Technician is responsible for proper diagnosis and repair of vehicles assigned by BCAA.Key Responsibilities:
- Properly complete The Apprentice Technician is responsible for the successful completion of each Repair Order assigned to them and all other repair related duties. A key focus of this role is safety and compliance with all Fleet maintenance criteria. The Apprentice Technician is also responsible for the continuous improvement of their skill set and program progress. It is the Apprentice Technician's responsibility to help drive BCAA's vision as the most trusted organization in BC. The Apprentice Technician is responsible for proper diagnosis and repair of tow and service vehicles and related equipment as assigned by the shop foreman.the services and/or repairs for which the Technician is trained and as assigned by management.
- Assist all other Technicians in the shop as needed.
- Maintain a high level of member/customer service at the facility leading to a high level of "measured" member/customer satisfaction.
- Complete any Automotive Training requested by BCAA
- Ensure compliance with all environmental requirements and BCAA programs that meet or exceed governmental required standards. Be pro-active to protect the environment and maintain compliance with all local standards.
- Ensure that all equipment is in proper and safe working condition. Maintain an overall safe work environment for all personnel and in compliance with Worksafe BC standards. Alert Management of any unsafe conditions immediately.
- Achieve and/or continuously improve towards your location(s) KPIs outlined by BCAA
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Ongoing review of available industry technical information to keep current of advances in technology.
- Communicate on a regular basis with Automotive Service Advisors regarding any changes in work status or completion status of vehicles.
- Adhere to all applicable safety standards along with all operational policies and procedures.
- Achieve productivity goals as assigned by BCAA.
- Other duties as assigned
- Successful completion of appropriate Automotive Provincial Apprenticeship level exams. Completed Upgrade Training of current automotive technologies, with a focus on OBD-II courses.
- 1-4 years of Technical Experience within an Automotive repair facility.
- Ability to lift 50lbs, bend, reach, walk and stand for long periods of time
- Proven interpersonal ability and communication skills with Members/Customers, internal team members, and suppliers
- Ability to professionally represent the BCAA brand to all stakeholders
- Highly motivated to provide exceptional member/customer experience
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and meet tight timelines
- Ability to work varied hours including weekends
- Proven analytical, problem solving, trouble shooting and decision making skills
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated MS Outlook and Internet, and modern scan tools (3-4th year)
- Proven track record of continuous improvement mindset
- Clean BC Driver License Class 7 or better
We aspire to be one of the best places to work for those who value integrity, teamwork and sustainability. Each of us will grow personally and professionally by doing engaging work with inspiring people.
Banking, Finance and Insurance