The Selling Partner Fees team owns the end-to-end fees experience for two million active third party sellers worldwide. We own the fee strategy, seller experience, fee accuracy and integrity, fee science and analytics, and we provide scalable technology to monetize all services available to third-party sellers.
We are looking for an Applied Scientist to join us on improving accuracy in billion-scale fee transactions worldwide and enhancing our understanding of seller economics in the selection universe on and off Amazon. In this role you will develop large scale machine learning models to drive the fee calculations that impact billions of products listed by third-party sellers in the Amazon product catalog. You will develop supervised and unsupervised models that can scale to production requirement. You will participate in developing models at the intersection of deep learning and causal inference. You will collaborate with other Applied Scientists, Research Scientists, Data Scientists, Economists, Software Developers, and Product Managers.
If big and rich data, large scale deep learning, state-of-art causal modeling and building intelligent systems excite you, we would like you to be on our team!
Key job responsibilities
• Translate ambiguous fee related business problems into rigorous scientific models.
• Develop large scale classification and prediction models using the rich features of text, image and customer interactions and state-of-the-art techniques.
• Research and implement novel machine learning, statistical and econometrics approaches.
• Write high quality code and implement scalable models within the production systems.
• Stay up to date with relevant scientific publications.
• Collaborate with business and software teams both within and outside of the fees organization.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• M.S. or PhD degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Operations Research, Computer Science, or similar field.
• 3+ years of experience developing machine learning models in a professional environment.
• Hands on experience with scripting languages such as Python
• Sound theoretical understanding of broad machine learning concepts, with deep and demonstrable expertise in at least one topic or application of machine learning.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• PhD in Statistics, Machine Learning, Operations Research, Computer Science, or similar field.
• Expertise across deep learning techniques applied to large scale classification problems.
• Experience developing and deploying models with cloud computing technology.
• Superior verbal and written communication, ability to convey rigorous mathematical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.