Applied Scientist II
Reference ID: 599876
Job location: 510 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC, V6B 0M3
We are looking for an experienced machine learning scientist to contribute at the forefront of cutting edge machine learning.
If you are passionate about new technology trends in machine learning, cloud services and reducing the time and effort to develop and deploy machine learned solutions we would like to talk to you.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Learn and use advanced technologies
• Collaborate with internal engineering teams, leading technology companies around the world and open source community
• Evangelize deep learning technologies and services
• Create innovative products, and see them launched in high volume production
As member of the software application development team in AWS AI, you will be working with cross-functional teams, customers and open source community to build deep learning applications, develop tutorials, presentation and blogs to evangelize and teach the use of deep learning, contribute to the deep learning framework development and develop new AI application and services. This position within the Deep Learning team presents a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical expertise in machine learning or high performance computing, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units. While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include:
• Health Care
• Savings Plans
• Income Protection
• Paid Time Off
• Signing Bonuses
• Employee Stock
Salary Range: $113,200 to $189,000/yr, commensurate with experience
• MSc degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning or related field or equivalent work experience.
• 3+ years professional experience in conducting experiments, building and deploying machine learned solutions.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, high-performance computing and GPGPU programming.
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, complexity analysis, problem solving and diagnosis.
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Python, C/C++, C#, Perl.
All candidates must meet the above listed requirements
Posted: June 13, 2019
Closes: August 12, 2019