We are looking for an Application Support Specialist III with experience supporting java applications to join one of BC’s Best Employers.
- Scripting experience (shell, bash, perl, java, etc.)
- Experience with supporting Java applications
- Experience with Java Application Servers such as Tomcat, JBoss, Jetty, etc.
- Linux Experience
What & Why:
As a key resource in the Business Enterprise Application Management Team, focusing on internal corporate systems, the Application Support Specialist III develops proposals for technical solutions, provides technical leadership in software management activities, and conducts significant troubleshooting initiatives.
Our client develops web and mobile applications as well as provides infrastructure hosting and support for a large retail financial network. They have received a number of awards for their software, and continue to develop & implement new features for business clients to grow their member base. They are firm believers in work-life balance with a 7 hour/day and 35-hour work week.
- Maintains, modifies, implements and supports a variety of applications on various platforms and provides a superior level of support for the users of the products
- Take full responsibility for the applications by monitoring, coordinating and reporting on all events affecting the applications
- Develops technical designs meeting the approval of all affected technical teams
- Analyses and solves complex issues or, when required, manages the escalation of issues to the Section Manager
- Ensures all incidents are responded to and resolved in accordance with established standards and agreements. Creates problem tickets based on recurring incidents
- Researches and analyses problems tickets, performs changes as required, and implements and follows up to ensure problems are resolved
- Designs, modifies, customizes, implements and troubleshoots existing software, performing considerably complex programming functions, often under pressure
- Analyses change requests and prepares quotes, outlining costs and estimated completion timelines
- Coordinates change requests requiring re-configuration or development, liaising with technical teams to ensure completed in accordance with timeline
- Ensures all production updates are completed as scheduled
- Acts as a lead project resource for Software Management, review business requirements, provides feedbacks about business requirements, design, development, testing plan, coordinate and liaise with internal supporting Technical Operations teams as required. Assess long term impact to current product.
- Strong leadership in project rollout /implementation. Lead the team preparing implementation plan, technical support document, arranging for change/release schedules. Have strong understanding about the impact to current products and services and lead the team work towards to reducing incidents and the impact.
- Assumes the regular and troubleshooting duties of other department members in their absence
- Recommends new or revised systems and processes to improve productivity and efficiency of the application support process.
- Required to participate in 24x7 on call responsibilities
- University degree in computer science (or equivalent) and 5 - 8 years relevant experience in a large-scale IT environment.
- Ability to provide solid technical leadership in projects including resolving a wide variety of issues including (software/application errors, business requirement clarification, complex issues spanning multiple interconnected areas (software, infrastructure, systems, platform, vendors) and provide day-to-day support across a wide variety of products.
- Ability to effectively manage a sizeable and complex business area as a subject matter expert is required.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills (Business Teams, Technical Teams, Co-Workers)
- Ability to work under pressure to meet process deadline, project timeline and SLA/OLA;
- Adapt easily to changing priorities and business needs.
- Strong ability in mapping business requirement into a technical requirement
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong multitasking skills
- Good team player
- Motivated individual
- Strong knowledge and understanding of IT application support, design, development, and operational processes is required
- Strong knowledge of operating and supporting Web Based Applications is required
- Excellent knowledge of Java Application Servers (Tomcat, JBoss, Jetty) is required
- Experience in monitoring / reporting tools (Cacti, Nagios ).
- Experience in using SQL (MS SQL, MySQL, etc.. ) is required
- Experience with Linux/Unix Operating Systems
- Excellent scripting/development skills (shell, perl, php, java)
- Knowledge in IT management best practices: Problem, Incident, Release and Change Management - ITIL Foundation certification is a nice to have
- Experience in mapping business requirement into a technical requirement
- Experience in networks and firewalls – skillful ability to perform connectivity troubleshooting
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.
Posted: December 19, 2018
Closes: February 17, 2019