We are looking for Application Support Specialist I with experience supporting java applications to join one of BC’s Best Employers.
- Scripting experience (shell, bash, perl, java, etc.)
- Experience with supporting Java applications
- Linux Experience
What & Why:
The Application Support Specialist I performs a variety of functions relating to incident support; problem diagnosis and analysis; design, development and implementation of modifications to existing applications; and coordination and completion of application change requests.
Our client develops web and mobile applications as well as provides infrastructure hosting and support for a large retail financial network. They have received a number of awards for their software, and continue to develop & implement new features for business clients to grow their member base. They are firm believers in work-life balance with a 7 hour/day and 35-hour work week.
- Maintains, modifies, implements and supports a variety of applications on various platforms and provides support for the users of the products
- Analyzes and solves issues or, when required, manages the escalation of issues to the Team Lead
- Ensures all incidents are responded to and resolved in accordance with established standards and agreements. Creates problem tickets based on recurring incidents and as needed.
- Researches and analyzes problem tickets, performs changes as required and implements and follows-up to ensure problems are resolved
- Coordinates change requests requiring re-configuration or development, liaising with technical teams to ensure completed in accordance with timelines
- Ensures all production updates are completed as scheduled
- Assumes the regular and troubleshooting duties of other team members in their absence
- Recommends new or revised systems and processes to improve productivity and efficiency of the application support process.
- Diploma in computer science (or equivalent) and 1 - 2 years relevant experience in a large scale IT environment.
- Basic analysis and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills (Business Teams, Technical Teams, Co-Workers)
- Adapt easily to changing priorities and business needs
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good multitasking skills
- Good team player
- Motivated individual
- Knowledge in operating and supporting Web Based Applications is preferred
- Knowledge in programming languages is preferred
- Knowledge or experience of Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC) is preferred
- Knowledge in Java Application Servers (Tomcat, JBoss, Jetty) is preferred
- Knowledge in monitoring / reporting tools (Cacti, Nagios ) is preferred
- Knowledge in using SQL ( MS SQL, MySQL, etc.. ) is preferred
- Knowledge with Linux/Windows is preferred
- Knowledge in scripting or code development in (eg: shell, perl, php, java) is preferred
- Knowledge with IT Management best practices including the concepts of Problem, Incident and Change Management (ITIL Foundation is preferred )
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.
Posted: December 19, 2018
Closes: February 17, 2019