Applications Support Manager
Canada Drives is changing Car Buying in Canada! Be at the forefront of the biggest disruption in car shopping in our lifetime. For the first time ever, Canadians have the power to buy their next vehicle completely online! Be an important part of the team that builds the technology that provides customers with a 100% online purchase experience--from start to finish--including delivery right to their door!
Canada Drives is a young, dynamic, and fast-growing company. We work with dealerships and finance partners across Canada to ensure that every customer, regardless of bad credit or no credit, has access to the auto financing they need. As a company, we are growing steadily and we want you to join our growing team! We are looking for a talented senior software developer who has a passion in coding, as well as mentoring other developers in driving forward the various products offered by Canada Drives!
Canada Drives has faced intense growth in the past years and our IT department has gotten more sophisticated and complex as more solutions and processes have been implemented. Several Business Applications and their technical components need to be properly maintained and supported in a dynamic 24x7 operation.
As a fast-growing fintech company, technology is a competitive advantage and a tremendous asset to support growth and streamline our customer's and partners' experience in the day-to-day. A new IT operations framework is emerging to give Canada Drives scale and vigor to support this growing agenda. The Application Support Manager will be a key success factor to build and maintain this new framework, sophisticate operations and support process, and elevate our end user's satisfaction.
You will work together with the Infrastructure Manager, DevOps, Security Manager and Help Desk to manage all business applications support and operations. You will also work collaboratively with our Agile Product teams developing new capabilities and enhancements to better serve our business, as well as with key Business Stakeholders to ensure satisfaction in support outputs.
The perfect candidate is someone with great attention to detail, a natural passion to support and help our users, and that has technical knowledge and experience on business applications. This position will have the opportunity to own the Service Management and Support agenda and lead the company towards best practices like Service Management and ITIL.
As any new department in a young growing company, opportunities for growth and different challenges will be everywhere.
If you have the vision and foresight to take your career to the next level and be part of a winning team, we invite you to apply!
What You'll be Doing:
- Understand the Company's core business and operations and have knowledge on all mission-critical Applications and technical components
- Manage Business Applications support and day to day IT operations actively monitoring solution's availability, providing services and resolving incidents
- Manage the Business Applications' support teams, their career, professional development and boost team's morale
- Own the relationship with Business Applications service providers, its contracts, SLAs and budget.
- Own and Manage the Application Support processes such as Incident, Problem and Change Management
- Responsible for Business Applications versions, conventional upgrades and security patches
- Communicate major incidents to key stakeholders and keep them well informed on statuses, resolution time and post-mortem reports.
- Articulate ticket priority discussions and keep the Application support backlog well controlled
- Work together with Infrastructure Manager, Dev Ops and Help desk to provide end users a seamless support experience and well-integrated operations of all business applications
- Work together with the Information Security Manager ensuring preventive and corrective actions are taken in a timely manner to protect all Business Applications such as security patches and monitor security logs and alerts. In addition, support the test and management of DRPs and BCPs.
- Gatekeep new applications and enhancement releases from the Innovation team before the transition to support, ensuring new implementations are stable, well documented and the support team is ready to receive new software or changes
- Provide the Innovation team feedback and requirements for coming initiatives in order to improve the user experience and optimize support efforts
- Led and manage bug fixing small enhancements together with Product Owners, Software Development Managers and Scrum Masters
- Own and Champion support best practices and help the dissemination of ITIL and Service Management practices
- Own the escalation process and rules
- Foster continuous process improvements by identifying opportunities for increased operational efficiency
- Ensure IT meets end-user and Stakeholders needs and expectations
What you should already have:
- Bachelor's degree in Information System, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- IT Service Management and/or ITIL certification
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing Business Application support and operations
- Previous experience implementing or customizing packaged systems such as e-commerce, CRMs, ERPs or Analytics
- Previous experience with software development with relational databases, data integrations and websites
- Experience with the management of partners and service providers contracts, SLAs and budgets
- Ability to understand business processes and technical solutions, and close gaps between different technical profiles
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and tight timelines
- A d emonstrated customer focus mindset, the ability to collaborate with others, and the ability to think and act strategically
- People management experience