What's Bench? Check us out in Fintech Impact
, Perkins + Will
, Daily Hive
, BC Business
, our Instagram
, and our Blog.We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
We're a committed and talented group of diverse people working hard to solve a real, universal problem for millions of entrepreneurs: businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses. Bench solves this dilemma by taking bookkeeping off of their hands. We've paired smart humans with incredibly powerful software to develop the fastest, most efficient bookkeeping service in history. This lets us provide monthly and yearly financials at an incredibly accessible price, giving business owners the time, confidence, and knowledge they need to be successful.
Bench is growing fast. Recently, we've onboarded our 9000th client and our 500th employee. We have a clear, funded path to profitability, and a roadmap that we believe will rapidly accelerate the trajectory of our business. We're looking for the brightest minds who love solving tough problems to join us on this incredible journey, in pursuit of bringing financial mastery to our clients.Why is the App Support role an exciting opportunity?App Support stands at the center of Bench. People from across the company bring us their problems, their frustrations, and their heart's desires. We help them. As an Application Support Analyst you will get your hands dirty, digging into technical problems to uncover not just what's happening, but why. You'll know more about using the Bench app than anyone else, and use that knowledge to help frontline Benchmates restore broken connections and optimize clients. You'll help prioritize work for the engineering team and champion the voice of clients and internal users to ensure we build a product that matters.You'll be expected to take on broken connections, bugs, and stakeholder requests and we'll set you up with the tools and training to do so. What you'll be getting up to:
To be successful in this role you must:
- Investigate bugs in all parts of the Bench app: bktools, banking, the client web-app, and even the mobile app
- Triage and action incoming bugs, connection breaks, and stakeholder requests during assigned hours
- Create and update process guides for the App Support team and our users
- Collaborate with Ops and Client Success to de-escalate clients with broken connections or frustrations with other parts of the app
- Research new solutions and workarounds for existing pain points
- Facilitate experiments and oversee beta tests
- Pitch product improvements for Bench to invest in
- Ad-hoc retros on bugs and outages
Bonus points if you have:
- Have a passion for puzzles - Encountering a problem for the first time isn't a reason to not try to solve it! Investigate, experiment, and plan next steps.
- Be a strong communicator - We work with every department at Bench! You need to be able to explain technical concepts to clients and frontline Benchmates. You also need to clearly explain what needs to be done to engineers and designers. You need to notice when an explanation isn't being understood by the other party and adapt your approach.
- Show resilience - Some problems are hard to solve. A willingness to try a solution, hit a dead end, then adapt and keep going is a must.
- Have a growth mindset - We haven't stopped expanding the reach of the App Support team. Change will be constant, so expect to take on new projects and responsibilities.
The extra details:
- Previous experience applying technology to solve problems
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society-including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don't stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.
- This is a full-time position because we want to spend lots of time with your wonderful self
- This position offers an annual salary based on experience, stock options, and an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, massage, and much more
- Our office has gone fully remote! We'll set you up with everything you need to work from home, from day one.
Banking, Finance and Insurance