We're looking for a top-tier Animator to help us inspire delight from concept to ideation, shaping how CryptoKitties comes to life across motion. You'll play a key role in growing a business through your insights, and you'll help shape the way a revolutionary new technology is introduced to and adopted by new audiences. Every day, you'll collaborate with a world-class team in our Vancouver office.
Every one of us shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision. A little about us:
CryptoKitties is the world's most successful blockchain game
, accounting for 25% of the traffic on the Ethereum network
upon launch. Unlike cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin or ether, CryptoKitties are cryptocollectibles
that secure ownership of digital art via distributed ledger technology. Since launching, tens of millions of US dollars
in transactions have been conducted on the platform, with some of the game's most popular cats selling for the equivalent of over US$100,000. The cultural phenomenon has been featured by The Wall Street Journal
, The New York Times
, and VICE
Our team combines creativity and experience to test new ground in game-making-our mission is to inspire delight with the goal of attracting the first billion consumers to the world of blockchain
games and digital assets.The ideal candidate:
Our ideal candidate is a passionate animator, continuous learner, and team player. They have a strong preference for craft and an obsession for pixel perfection. They will work closely with creative directors, product designers, product owners, marketing strategists, and a variety of other stakeholders. We're looking for someone to own Motion Graphics - to execute a strategy and push our team forward.You will:
To succeed in this role, you must:
- Animate CryptoKitties, bringing dynamism and life to the brand through all digital channels.
- Develop strong motion content to support brand and marketing initiatives (growth/activation/retention) ranging from five second social media clips to 15-30-second pre-roll advertising campaigns, to in game motion integration.
- Work with project leads and creative leads to understand project scope, objectives, and deliverables.
- Partner with graphic designers, product designers, and illustrators to brainstorm creative concepts, storyboard ideas, and refine animation output.
- Leverage your strong storytelling ability to produce compelling, engaging content.
- Take a look at this page . If you can make something similar, we want to hear from you!
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Have 4+ years experience as an animator, owning and shaping projects either as an independent freelance designer, or as part of a wider studio.
- Have proficiency in After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Have extensive knowledge of animation principles and motion graphics techniques.
- Have strong visual storytelling and creative concepting experience.
- Be adept at communicating ideas through clear, descriptive storyboards.
- Have strong strong design sensibility (typography, color, and composition).
- Have the ability to communicate efficiently, and adjust processes to meet project goals and timelines.
- Be able to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task.
- Be flexible with taking on initiatives, big and small.
- Comfortable working with vector illustration, and shape animation.
More about CryptoKitties:
- Traditional 2D Animation / Experience with flash.
- Character Animation experience.
- Experience with BodyMovin.
- 3D experience.
At CryptoKitties we recruit the best and foster an environment that enables our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
We offer compensation commensurate with the high level of talent we seek, extensive benefits, and flexible time off policy.
Posted: November 17, 2018
Closes: January 16, 2019