Requisition ID: 119047
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Analyst, Trade Services Centre Why work for Scotiabank?
Scotiabank is among the largest banks in the world and the most international bank in Canada. We are powered by our 97,000 high-performing teammates who make a real difference across the globe as a leading provider of advice, products, digital experiences, and financial services. Together with our Digital Factories around the world, we are dedicated to helping our 25 million customers become better-off.
This is a place where you'll get to learn and develop your skills, while being recognized for your hard work. At Scotiabank, we're passionate about bringing our whole selves to work, allowing us to create inclusive work environments for everyone to enjoy. Say hello to a career at Scotiabank! Global Banking and Markets
Global Banking & Markets provides a full range of investment banking, credit and risk management products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include debt and equity financing, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, fixed income products, derivatives, energy, foreign exchange, and precious & metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by the Scotiabank Group. Purpose
This role contributes to the overall success of the Trade Services Centre in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. Accountabilties
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Ensuring all aspects of the customers' trade needs are addressed in a manner consistent with Scotia Service Standards and Complaint Resolution Standards and in doing so positively differentiate the level of service/support provided to the customer from that provided by other financial institutions as it related to trade services.
- Verifying that all client documentation is complete, compliant and appropriately authorized.
- Ensuring all TFAP, Appendix C and/or Appendix D forms are accurately prepared/processed.
- Responding promptly and effectively to request, concerns and complaints from customers, GBP Sales team and other departments in order to propose workable solutions.
- Developing and maintaining an excellent specialist knowledge and strong understanding of GBP Trade Finance products, services and pricing.
- Providing a high degree of service and support combined with innovative approaches to resolving Customer/Sales Officer issues while maintaining an overall low risk for the Centre.
- Setting up Customer profiles and maintaining appropriate customer files/documents and customer records.
- Actively identifying and participating with the development of recommendations/ideas for process and systems improvement.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook, the Guidelines for Business Conduct, AML/ATF and Sanctions Pre-Transaction Due Diligence and Enhanced Due Diligence Procedures and Operational Risk Review Procedures and Service Level Agreements.
- Handle all processing, verifying and /or releasing activities related to documentary Letter of Credit and/or documentary collection in the Trade 360 as per authorized limits.
- Act as back-up to other Trade Services Analysts as required and release transactions as per delegated limits.
- Actively sharing knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members.
- Provide administrative support as required including but not limited to scanning and indexing documentary import Letter of Credit applications, Documentary Export Letter of Credit, Documentary Import and/or Export Letter of Credit documents, and Documentary Collections documents.
- Thorough and complete knowledge of the Uniform Customs and Practice for Documentary Credits (currently UCP600), the Bills of Exchange Act, URC 522, URR 725, ISBP and SWIFT procedures and any other applicable trade finance rules and regulations.
- Expert and working knowledge of Bank's trade business related products, services, processes, and pricing.
- Excellent knowledge of Bank's regulations, policies, procedures, operations and functions.
- Thorough knowledge of the Bank's transactional services.
- Working knowledge of the Bank's Anti Money Laundering and compliance policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of techniques to generate quality referrals.
- Thorough knowledge of the Bank's automated systems.
- Proficiency in computer applications related to Trade Finance and Microsoft Office.
- 3 to 6 years of trade finance experience.
- Preferred - Certified Documentary Credit Specialist.
- Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence. The incumbent regularly works on a personal computer.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Law, Equity, Finance, Technology, Legal
Banking, Finance and Insurance