Location: Kamloops, BC, CA
Job Function: Information Technology Overview:
BCLC's two offices are located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam Indian Band), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples in Vancouver and the Tk'emlúps te Secwépemc territory, situated within the Secwépemc Nation in Kamloops. We honour and respect the people, the territory, and the land we are part of.
Our Operations Division manages both provincial & national lottery games as well as instant lotteries through over 3000 retail partners across the province. We provide the gaming technology and set standards, policies & procedures across 37 casino properties in BC, ensuring a high standard of security and integrity.
We also provide online gambling through Playnow.com and our Lotto app including lottery, sports betting, Bingo, Keno, online slots or online casino games and Live Dealer table games where players can choose the online version of their favorite games while connecting with others across the province. Our Operations group is what makes it all happen, through day to day operations, project improvements, sales management, facilities, business intelligence and innovation.
This team of passionate professionals with a diverse array of backgrounds is directly accountable for earning revenue for the province. They work together as one group to ensure clear direction for BCLC's priorities across all our lines of business, ensuring a high degree of player experience and entertainment in each of the games we offer.
As a Crown Corporation that earns more than a billion dollars in annual revenue, BCLC's commitment to giving funds back to the province is an integral part of our business, but still only one piece of the picture. At BCLC, we exist to generate win-wins for the greater good. We believe everything we do must benefit the well-being of all involved. Through our Social Purpose we aspire to make sure, in all of our endeavours and transactions and relationships nobody loses, and every person we touch comes out ahead. BCLC is committed to creating a welcoming workplace where everyone feels safe, included, and valued. For us, that means building a team that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We all are winners when differences are respected, valued and celebrated.Job Summary:
The Inventory Analyst implements and supports inventory management for BCLC's gaming facilities including: troubleshooting and issue resolution; analyzing and recommending solutions to improve turnover and optimize stock levels; recommending and supporting inventory management software and hardware solutions; and providing inventory management subject matter expertise, analysis and advice to internal and external stakeholders. Key Accountabilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Conducts analysis and troubleshooting related to inventory management systems and performance metrics. Collaborates with BCLC to help develop and implement solutions to improve inventory turnover and manage stock levels throughout the entire casino network;
- Provides technical expertise in inventory management to enterprise-wide casino projects by collaborating with vendors and BCLC technical delivery teams. Shares technical knowledge with peers through presentations and training.
- Tests and ensures compliance and integration of the implementation of inventory management software and hardware solutions, and participates in projects with internal stakeholders.
- Provides input into the development of business requirements, design, configuration and administration of inventory management solutions;
- Updates and maintains inventory management technical documentation and user manuals within multiple knowledgebase systems;
- Regularly applies gaming product standards, policies and procedures and provides input into the development of departmental and operational practices/procedures. Works with stakeholders to resolve issues of quality and process non-compliance.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with various internal and external stakeholders in order to effectively resolve issues and recommend solutions.
Education and Experience
- University degree in a relevant discipline or a two-year college diploma supplemented by relevant industry recognized professional courses;
- CAPICS (Canadian Association Production Inventory and Control Society) or equivalent SCM (Supply Chain Management) Certification is an asset;
- 2-3 years progressively responsible experience or related background;
- Experience in inventory management systems utilization;
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Ability to make informed decisions quickly and prioritize under pressure;
- Ability to coordinate vendors and internal delivery teams with the ability to work well within a team/collaborative environment;
- Demonstrated experience in process analysis and improvement;
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to identify issues and recommend solutions;
- Strong strategic thinking skills - ability to find practical solutions to achieve goals;
- Excellent written, verbal and relationship management skills and the ability to engage at a management level, and with key stakeholders in a collaborative manner;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail coupled with the ability to be flexible in a fast paced environment with changing priorities;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong computer skills - MS office suite;
- Knowledge of B.C. gaming industry is an asset.
- Effective November 22, 2021, BCLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with BCLC unless a legal exemption is obtained.
- To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the 2SLGBTQAI+ community.
- BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options for its employees.
- Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates.
- If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to email@example.com.
- For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC's Top Employers - and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: https://corporate.bclc.com/
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.