Analyst, Infrastructure Security Vancouver, BC October 12, 2021 Closing Date:
December 30, 2021
Reporting to the Manager of Infrastructure Security, the Infrastructure Security Analyst ("the Analyst") is responsible for operating and optimizing Teck's enterprise toolset to enable secure interaction with core infrastructure as it pertains to identity, authentication and device security. As these services integrate closely with other shared resources, the Analyst must maintain strong working relationships with neighbouring technology teams and external support providers.
The Analyst will be focused on key toolsets within the sphere of infrastructure security, to not only ensure that these tools remain operational, but also work to optimize and enhance the use of these tools at Teck to streamline our operational support across teams, and to drive self-service to our users wherever possible.
- Identity. The management of systems that support the circumstances under which someone should be granted or denied access to Teck's resources: Microsoft Identity Manager, Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Privileged Identity Manager, CyberArk. Performing the ongoing maintenance of these systems, and working to develop solutions to operationalize: Joiner/Mover/Leaver scenarios and day to day access request management and auditability, management on non-employees who access Teck's systems, large initiatives which require wholesale account changes or provisioning (e.g. QB2, Renew Business Services) and privileged access and session management for system administrators.
- Authentication. The Analyst will maintain and support toolsets to allow secure authentication to Teck's resources from any device (CyberArk, DUO)
- Device Security and Hygiene. Support and maintain the processes and tools around provisioning and maintaining secure clients - mobile or desktop - to all Teck users. (InTune, JAMF)
- Provide support to the platforms detailed in the Dimensions section in accordance with Service Level Agreements for these systems
- Participate in enhancement and project work to elevate and improve the use of these systems at Teck
- Constantly explore areas of improvement within our infrastructure and strongly advocate for them
- Maintain strong working relationships with neighbouring support teams
- Maintain current knowledge of Infrastructure Security concepts and products to ensure our solutions remain current, relevant and supportable.
- 5+ years' experience in Information Systems and understanding of technology concepts
- 3+ years' demonstrated proficiency in basic information security concepts and technologies
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including managers, and subject matter experts
- Advanced scripting abilities using PowerShell or equivalent
- Understanding or interest to learn the technologies listed in the "Dimensions" section: Identity/Access Management, Authentication, Mobile Device Management
- Self-motivated and ability to manage competing priorities in order to get the job done.
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills at both technical and business level
- Proficient Spanish, both written and spoken, is considered an asset
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
#BC1-POSTED Job Segment:
Information Systems, Sustainability, Coal Mining, Security, Technology, Mining, Energy