Work at an award-winning top employer! If you are looking for an empowering and progressive place to build your career, then you've landed in the right place at BCAA. With our corporate Head Office in Burnaby and locations around BC, we offer a wide variety of opportunities all across the province. Go the extra mile and share our vision to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia, absolutely famous for doing the right thing. BCAA has been named one of BC's Top Employers 2020!What BCAA offers you:
BCAA's Finance team is looking for a Regular Full-time Analyst II.
- It's not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being named as one of BC's Top Employers 2020, 2019 Platinum level Best Employer by AON and being recognized as a 2018 Outstanding Workplace by YWCA.
- Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
- We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
- We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that's committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
- Our Regular Full-Time & Part-Time+ (working 20 hours or more per week) status team members are eligible to participate in our amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
- Team members at our Home Office also get to use our Shared EV (electric vehicle) Program, have access to our subsidized cafeteria and free fitness centre.
The Analyst II is responsible for overseeing financial modeling and analysis for various divisions within the organization. This individual is responsible for identifying and analyzing critical trends and opportunities, developing thorough solutions, and presenting them to leadership. Key Responsibilities: Budget Oversight
Budgeting, Planning, and Forecasting
- Along with the Manager, Finance, this position will oversee the Power BI reporting and Ad Hoc Financial Analysis
- Analyze product integration to ensure department forecasts align across all products
Financial & Non-Financial Analysis
- Provide financial modeling support for assigned portfolio through the preparation of budgets, forecasts, project plans, and related scenario analysis
- Develop models to assist with revenue and expense projections
- Review budgets and forecasts for accuracy and reasonableness
- Provide support in the area of Divisional/Business Unit planning, budgeting and business case development.
- Monitor and make recommendations for improvement to the budgeting/planning process
- Provide commentary on month end financial performance for these products
Senior Leadership Communication
- Identify and investigate variances in company/division/product performance
- Maintain and proactively improve forecasting and tracking models for assigned portfolio
- Research external sources (industry organizations, government) for information to assist analysis and comparison
- Interpret and analyze structured business problems and queries - communicate results and provide recommendations for action where appropriate
- Formulate and execute test scenarios and models to test the possible outcomes of proposed courses of action
- Turn analysis into concrete solutions implementable immediately by various teams
- Present analysis, conclusions and recommendations in a variety of formats - orally, in written form, or presentation - as required
- Present analysis and insights on products to ST and ET
- Provide a monthly update on Marketing at committee meetings with senior executives
- Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Business, or Economics, or equivalent with emphasis on quantitative analysis and methods
- 4+ years of experience in Finance, Accounting and or Management Information Systems
- Power BI, SQL, and Excel
- Highly organized with demonstrated problem solving and decision-making ability
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills - able to present to non-experts at both the management and non-management levels
- Excellent knowledge of analytical tools (spreadsheets, relational databases, and statistical packages) as well as advanced proficiency with standard productivity software (word processing, presentations, email)
- High level of proficiency in statistical analysis, research, data mining, and data querying
- Proven ability to effectively handle and prioritize multiple and complex projects, adapt to changing priorities, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- CPA, CFA, MBA, MIS background
- Financial analysis experience
- Experience with large, complex projects across multiple areas/divisions
- Previous experience in an insurance or other financial institution
Internal Applicants: The deadline to apply for this role is November 24, 2020. Any internal applications received after the internal application deadline will be considered with external applications. Please note this is a Grade 12 position.
We aspire to be one of the best places to work for those who value integrity, teamwork and sustainability. Each of us will grow personally and professionally by doing engaging work with inspiring people.
Banking, Finance and Insurance