17433 Position Type:
Prince George, BC, Canada Location:
CAC - Canfor (BC14) Who We Are:
At Canfor, we know wood-based products can build a better world, whether it's a component in your smartphone or skyscrapers built from wood. We founded our entire company on that idea. Because, we know that wood-based products are sustainable and the opportunities to innovative have only just begun.
We know when managed responsibly, the forest is everlasting and Canfor is committed to using virtually 100% of every tree for lumber, pulp, paper, and renewable energy-so nothing goes to waste.
You can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We're especially excited by the innovative ways some of our customers are using our products. We know that the work we all do at Canfor today will shape what the world looks like tomorrow. Whether that means building a house or a skyscraper, using paper instead of plastic or learning something new from a colleague down the hall or around the globe. We know not everyone thinks about their impact on the world but at Canfor, we do. POSITION SUMMARY
The Analyst, Business Systems will implement, improve and support manufacturing, HR, safety and Collaboration systems at Canfor. The Analyst, Business Systems will partner with Manufacturing Systems, Pulp, Wood products, and other business units in the delivery and continued support of Canfor business systems. These business systems will include a new Safety & Risk system, an expanded Collaboration platform, MSDS Online service and a new intranet platform, as well as various custom applications that fall under the responsibility of the Corporate Systems department. The Analyst, Business Systems will be responsible for supporting the legacy safety, SharePoint and intranet systems through to decommissioning. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES Analysis, Solution Definition and Support
Design and Testing
- Communicate with cross functional departments to gather business requirements and specifications to map out process workflows
- Gather and document system implementation requirements
- Collaborate with users from various business units to provide clear business requirements and lead projects to deliver enhancements to existing system functionality or to deliver net new applications
- Support, enhance, and maintain business applications to assure their availability, reliability, performance, and fit to evolving requirements. Effectively resolve production problems in a timely manner
- Provide requirements analyses for a new business systems, identify and evaluate off-the-shelf software to determine best-fit for business needs
- Monitor and respond to support requests that come into the support queue for safety pages, environmental audits, msds, Canfor online, SharePoint, project server and Canfor.com
- Provide technical support for the safety systems project (preparation for data conversion and business process transition)
- Lead the effort to consolidate Content Management solutions, write governance guidelines for each system
- Provide input into Canfor's collaboration roadmap
- Translate business requirements to value-added technical solutions
- Develop test plans, support unit and system level tests, and document results
- Participate in and guide user testing
- Deliver user training
- Ensure current and accurate system documentation, and develop, provide, or coordinate system training, educational tools and materials
- Design and document interface specifications
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION Education & Experience
- Provide the necessary analyses, requirements gathering and project preparation work for any assigned Corporate Systems projects
- Manage, or work with the project manager where appropriate, the delivery of projects that are within the Corporate Systems portfolio
- Accountable for effectively planning project-related activities
- Coordinate with implementation partners and service providers to implement business requirements
- Provide input into the development of capital and operating budgets
Skills and Abilities
- University degree (Business, Management Information Systems or Computer Science) from a recognized university and/or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in implementing, optimizing and supporting business systems
- Safety, audit and risk systems experience
- Proven capability to accurately prepare written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, professional and engaging.
- Understanding of Enterprise Content Management, ECM, concepts and how to apply them
- Website development / design experience
- SharePoint administration experience
- Experience with Oracle and SQL Server databases and toolsets (PL/SQL, TOAD, etc.)
- Reporting and BI toolsets (Crystal Reports, QlickView)
- Lumber or Pulp manufacturing industry experience is highly desirable
Hiring for this position is ongoing and will be filled as required. To be considered for this position, please apply today.In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our Company.
- Take responsibility for self-development and continuous learning to achieve required knowledge for the job
- Organized and able to manage multiple and shifting priorities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Logical and efficient
- Keen attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.Follow us on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
Prince George, BC
Known as BC's Northern Capital, Prince George is city that offers big city comfort and convenience, but small town serenity and sensibilities. As the largest city in northern BC, Prince George is a hub of industry, offering numerous employment opportunities and is home to the University of Northern British Columbia. This region's temperate climate creates a lush environment of emerald-green forests and ample opportunities for outdoor activity. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/prince-george Job Segment:
Systems Analyst, Developer, Social Media, Database, Oracle, Technology, Marketing