Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS) in Canada? Do you have the business savvy, industry experience, and technical background necessary to help establish Amazon as a key technology platform provider? Are you passionate about the public sector (government, education and non-profits)?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for world class candidates to lead and manage strategic partner initiative and expansion efforts in Western Canada.
As a Partner Manager within Amazon Web Services, you will have the exciting opportunity to deliver on a strategy to help build mind share and adoption of the AWS cloud computing platform, which includes Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, Amazon Redshift and Amazon RDS and many more cloud services across key business Partners and their customers in the Public Sector. Responsibilities will include driving C-level and field relationships with a set of strategic partners in Western Canada. The ideal candidate has both; a channel background that will enable them to engage at a senior executive level; and a sales background so they may easily interact with channel partners to support opportunity engagement and revenue growth within the Public Sector. This role covers all aspects of the AWS Partner network (APN) and you will be accountable for managing relationships across the partner spectrum to include consulting, reseller and technology ISV partners. You should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, cloud products, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey a compelling cloud value proposition. You will build and maintain key relationships, develop and manage opportunities, monitor deployment projects and engage with virtual resources. This position requires a strong technical acumen, along with a working knowledge of software architecture and the enterprise software landscape.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Lead and manage joint engagements/solutions between the Partner, Solution Architects and Public Sector Account Managers.
• Manage a clear timeline to execute against the strategy and achieve team goals
• Develop and execute against a repeatable model for expansion into new markets and establish foundational partner sales activity
• Drive Global thought leadership on public sector cloud adoption strategies and tactics to support AWS business objectives
• Work across AWS and broader Amazon (e.g. sales, marketing, public policy, legal) to open new sales channels, shape government accreditation and procurement policy/ procedures
• Work in a highly collaborative/ transparent operating model with sales leaders to ensure alignment between core business priorities, public policy goals and sales enablement activity to create a strong pipeline of sales opportunities toward launch.
• Serve as a key member of the Partner Team to execute the strategic business development plan, while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. service teams, marketing, PR, legal, support etc.)
• Keep executive leadership informed on progress against objectives. Assist in the content preparation of senior management business reviews
• Liaise with the Partner's field sales organization, channels and end customers to define and execute joint sales and Go To Market (GTM) Programs focused on the public sector market
• Serve as a key member of the Business Development Team in helping to define and deliver the overall GTM strategy.
• Understand the technical requirements of our solution providers and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings.
• Engage the partner's field sales organization, marketing, channels and end customers to create and drive revenue opportunities for AWS
• Manage complex contract negotiations and serve as a liaison to the legal group for Public Sector engagements.
• Deep understanding of Partner's capabilities and solutions that will address the customer mission & work closely with the partner customer base to ensure they are successful using AWS
• Become a trusted member of the sales team to own deal execution with the Partner, leveraging Partner programs, while coaching Partners on best practices within the Amazon Partner Network.
• Work closely with Partner Solution Architects (P-SA) and the Partner's technical team to ensure the channel Partners deliver quality results
• Ability to travel up to 40% within Canada, with some US/International travel
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 5+ years of experience in sales, business development and/or partner management or equivalent work within a Public Sector (Gov/EDU/NPO) organization as a sales or account relationship manager.
• 5+ years of experience building industry and workload specific value propositions and integrating them in a national sales plan or equivalent.
• 5+ years of experience developing Go To Market plans and execution or equivalent.
• 5+ years of experience driving revenue using structured programs or equivalent.
• Bachelor's DegreePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• MBA; Preferred streams are computer science, engineering, business, marketing, or related field or a minimum of 10+ years of enterprise selling experience in the government sector.
• Experience driving sales and business development technologies in Canada with channel Partners for federated enterprise or Canadian government technology policy trends and priorities.
• Experience working within the technology industry and working knowledge of web services technology and software development tools and technologies (IaaS, SaaS, PaaS) in government, education or non-profit institutions.
• Ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, schedule trade-offs and opportunistic new ideas with technical employees.
• Knowledge of Canadian Public Sector (Government) contract and procurement models (RFx process). Influencing governance and policy is a plus.
• Experience in partner led sales and engagements consistently exceeding quota and key performance metrics.
• Ability to engage and influence senior-level executives in complex deal negotiations to establish credibility
• Understanding of Cloud computing technology with demonstrated ability to apply new technologies, models and frameworks to solve business problems
• Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.s
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities
• French language skills are a bonus
• Base: Western Canada.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
• Meets /exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Sales and Marketing