We're looking for customer obsessed software engineers who are interested in working on large scale, highly distributed systems. Does the challenge of advancing one of the world's most scalable, reliable, and secure e-commerce platforms that processes tens of millions of financial transactions, in multiple currencies and countries excite you? Have you ever wanted to work on machine learning problems that will make a lasting impact, solving key problems that impact the experience of millions of Amazon customers? If you are passionate about solving complex problems, in a challenging environment, we would love to talk with you.
Our group (FLASH) has been entrusted with accurate and timely recording of financial events for Amazon's revenue generating businesses. As a member of the team your work will directly impact the way financial data is processed, retained, and managed at scale. Working closely with best-in-class engineers, scientists and principal engineers you will have the opportunity to apply a variety of machine learning algorithms and work on one of the world's largest data sets to influence the long term evolution of our technology roadmap.
WHO IS FLASH?
Financial Ledger & Accounting Systems Hub (FLASH), a division within Amazon's eCommerce Foundation (eCF) is leading significant innovations in business systems integration and defining the future of accounting. Our systems are advancing one of the world's most scalable, reliable, and secure e-commerce platforms that process hundreds of billions of dollars in transactions, in multiple currencies and countries. We are at the centre of Amazon's key initiatives and fuelling the growth of Amazon's businesses worldwide. Think about what it takes to process the tens of millions of financial transactions that are generated each day as millions of purchases are made, as thousands of suppliers are paid, as inventory moves in and out of warehouses, and as vendors are paid!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual OrientationBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 4+ year experience with Java and/or C++ and exceptional software system design, problem solving, and object-oriented coding skills;
• Thorough understanding of enterprise information systems, service oriented architectures, and operational data stores;
• Obsession with software quality, customer experience and attention to detail;
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field;PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Passion for creating reliable and maintainable systems;
• Strong communications skills;
• Experience working in Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban);
• Broad understanding of basic machine learning algorithms/concepts (e.g. supervised learning, feature engineering, model selection, etc.);
• Experience in training machine learning models or developing machine learning infrastructure;
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions;
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly;
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with aggressive cross-functional business and software development teams.
Software and Programming