Amazon S3, Software Development Engineer
Reference ID: 737974
Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is storage for the Internet. Through the use of pioneering techniques in distributed computing, developers are able to durably store their data on Amazon's proven computing infrastructure to achieve virtually limitless storage capacity at minimal cost. Amazon S3 provides a simple web services interface that can be used to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web. It gives any developer access to the same highly scalable, reliable, secure, fast, inexpensive infrastructure that Amazon uses to run its own global network of web sites. The service aims to maximize benefits of scale and to pass those benefits on to developers.
Our managers are passionate about the incredible opportunity that Amazon S3 presents and about cloud computing, in general. Our team is responsible for building the core features data lifecycle workflows, cross region replication, versioning, multi-part upload and static website hosting. The services we build and operate grow at an incredible rate, driven by usage from customers across 190 countries..
As a Software Development Engineer on this team, you will have the unique opportunity of not just designing, developing and owning entire backend sub-systems with hard distributed system problems but also designing API's that are used by millions of applications around the world and by doing so defining S3 for customers. The work you do here is going to significantly drive growth not just in S3 but the AWS ecosystem.
• 4+ years of industry experience with modern programming language like Java, C++ or C#
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
• Strong foundation in algorithms, data structures, OO and core Computer Science concepts
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern OO programming language such as Java (prefrred), C# or C++
• Experience with building highly-available and scalable distributed systems
• Understanding of networking protocols
• Understanding of how storage systems work
• Comfortable using Linux environments
• Strong desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
• MS/Phd Degree in Computer Science
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **
Posted: January 19, 2019
Closes: March 20, 2019